Rockshox Reverb AXS wireless dropper question

Venlo

Jul 2, 2019
Venlo The Netherlands
I've got an alloy 2019 large levo. Don't know if that's a problem with the internal welds. What's the lowest you can instal the reverb? I need 235 mm measured from the middle of the saddle rail to the upperside of the collar

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
I've got an alloy 2019 large levo. Don't know if that's a problem with the internal welds. What's the lowest you can instal the reverb? I need 235 mm measured from the middle of the saddle rail to the upperside of the collar
I have a 2021 Levo alloy and have the 175mm dropper Reverb AXS and it bottoms out, so plenty of room.

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK

The 30.9mm 170mm AXS Reverb is slammed on my large 2019 Levo save for a 4mm stack penalty from the shim I bought. It’s perfect for my height but I probably could have got a shim without the overhead. I made no frame or bolt alteration whatsoever. I suspect no other diameter dropper would fit.

EDIT My Levo is carbon, may or may not be significant in terms of the internals

Venlo

Jul 2, 2019
Venlo The Netherlands
I ordered the 170mm axs 30.9. I hope it will fit mine also without problems. I'll keep you up to date ;-)
The old dropper has been removed. I'm glad I don't have to struggle with the internal cables anymore.... such a hassle. For the time being I mounted a regular seatpost.

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
Question: Does the dropper drop dwon with it's own weight when pushing the button or do you have to press it down like the normal ones?

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
Question: Does the dropper drop dwon with it's own weight when pushing the button or do you have to press it down like the normal ones?
Works the same as wired so yes it does require input from the rider. I love it & dont think I would ever go back to wired? :sneaky:

• Agree
Reactions: CjP

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
Works the same as wired so yes it does require input from the rider. I love it & dont think I would ever go back to wired? :sneaky:

I was thinking about buying an electric dropper post because I thought I can drop the saddle down just by pressing the button. I'm a bit surprised that this is not possible with even 600 eur component. Of course it's always possible that I'm the only one with such requirement and my requirement might be solving a problem that really don't exist.

The Reverb's added value seems to be:
- No need for internal cabling
- Digital button instead of mechanical
- Phone application (why?)

The good things seem only be valid when installing or removing the dropper bud during riding it's hard to see any added value of those features. In Reverb and Magura Vyron there's mentions about delay.s One could say that if there's delay, it can't be better than mechanical.

Should I make my own electric dropper post? ?

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
As a still bit rookie rider I often find myself riding standing up (might not be correct english expression) and I've forgot to lower my seat when approaching a decline. Would be handy to just press button without first sitting down, pressing button, releasing button, standing up.

I'm just thinking if I can patch my poor riding skills with technical solution such as electric dropper post.

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
In regards to the phone app, it's great when you also have the sram axs drive train. Then you can change which buttons do what. Not that I have bothered as I like them as they came.

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
@Kiwi in Wales did you get the 170 AXS reverb? Are you able to slam it in the medium Levo?
Looking to do the same, any info either way is appreciated.
I put a 150 in my Levo medium and there was plenty of room & reckon I could have gone for a 170::cry:. Bit late now & don't feel like putting in the $ for the extra 20 mm although it would def be of benefit.
Suppose a big part is how long your legs are? As to how high up your post is out of the seat tube

GWeb

Jan 26, 2021
NorCal
I put a 150 in my Levo medium and there was plenty of room & reckon I could have gone for a 170::cry:. Bit late now & don't feel like putting in the $ for the extra 20 mm although it would def be of benefit.
Suppose a big part is how long your legs are? As to how high up your post is out of the seat tube
Yeah, I have the 150mm command post now, with around 1.5 inches of the post exposed below the bottom of the collar - I think it’s going to be pretty close for the 170mm but would like to get it if possible (assuming tire clearance doesn’t become an issue)

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
Quick update from last year .. I’ve been running a 170mm 30.9 AXS Reverb in my Levo using a shim for almost a year now and whilst it’s been working great, I’ve today noticed an issue. The front side of the reverb stanchion is scratched as a result of the whole post flexing within the seat tube because the narrow post has room to manoeuvre beyond the shim. I don’t believe it’s a complete disaster but clearly not ideal. My plan is to sand the scuffed part of the stanchion using very fine sandpaper, polish, then insert shims further down the seat tube so it has no further wiggle room. With the benefit of hindsight I should have done this first but a word of warning to anyone with shimmed posts.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Has anyone since fitted a 34.9 170mm to a levo or SL size large or smaller, Carbon, and been able to slam it down to the collar? The linkage bolt centre is approx 260mm from the seat tube entrance.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I should probably post this in the Trek section but I’ll try here first. I’m still waiting for my 150mm AXS reverb (ordered early October 2021).
Bike; 2020 Rail 9.7 medium.
A 170mm AXS reverb dropper makes sense to me. I have 47mm of shaft exposed (see pic) but I might raise it a few more mm (50mm exposed) which could fit better.
Has anyone fitted a 170mm AXS reverb dropper into a medium Rail 9.7? My inseam is 32” but I’m only 5’9” tall but I want to drop right down on steep decents. A 170mm dropper could let me.
I can’t seem to find a chart from Sram or Reverb for a go-or no-go for the AXS reverb dropper on a medium Rail 9.7. I’d cancel my order right now and reorder a 170mm AXS reverb. Another wait but it might be worth it.
AEE17C7E-0E85-48CD-A72F-1772C06C686C.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles