Problems with Brand X dropper on Vitus eSentier

FOG

Oct 5, 2018
Sheffield UK
Just bought the last eSentier in the UK but have a bit of a problem. I bought L because ,though I am 5'10 and therefore on the cusp between M and L, I have relatively long arms and I wanted a fairly long reach. However the Brand X dropper post that it came with won't go far enough down in the seat tube to work properly . When I set it low enough for me, the post just collapses. I assume this a problem with the cable length but I cannot move the cable through the frame to enable me to get the seat post out and adjust cable length. The outer seems to be clamped somehow whether deliberately or by having cables all wedged together I don't know. Anybody had this problem and what to do about it? I am just about ready to cut through the cable and try another post.

DAZ1925

Nov 7, 2018
UK
I have fitted several of these posts before. I've looked up images of the bike and it looks like the dropper post cable exits the seat tube just above the motor. I assume you've been pulling the slack out at this point whilst pushing the seatpost into the frame otherwise this will cause the outer to coil in the seat tube, this will obviously cause more cable up near the handlebars.

If you want to trim the cables down you'll need to remove the lever from the handlebars and feed the cables (outer and inner together) into the seat tube whilst pulling the dropper post out. Make sure you remove the inner cable before trimming the outer to length.

Northumbrian

Sep 3, 2018
Rothbury
Yes, need to feed the cable out the seat tube to allow the post to drop, had the same issue with mine, there was no clamp, if I remember right, I just wiggled it down from the bottom and lost the slack into the frame

FOG

Oct 5, 2018
Sheffield UK
Thanks chaps, now managed to sort it. I had worked out that there was too much cable in the seat tube but it just wouldn't shift in either direction. After reading your comments , I had the confidence to grab the outer with a pair of pliers and really, really tug! It finally moved but it must be installed very tight with other cables or whatever because it took some shifting.

Northumbrian

Sep 3, 2018
Rothbury
Glad your sorted....
You will love the Sentier, it’s slack angles make you want to jump over anything along your route.....really great fun.
enjoy

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles