Brake rotors

Whitby Chris

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
Hi all need some advice please, I have a Rail 9 2022 GX and I am putting Magura MT7's on, I would like to replace the rotors that come on the bike, i know its 200 / 180 as standard size on the bike, I see the Magura sizes are 180 / 203 or 220, what is best to do here will I need an adapter for the front if I go 203? and what for the rear etc I want to change both rotors. if not magura what else is a good brand to go with? Thanks

Zed.

Apr 26, 2023
Deepest Bandit country (Wales)
I think you'll get brand-loyalty suggestions🤷‍♂️

I've gone for Sram 'Code' RSC on my gen2 Rail5, partly as they were cheap on Wiggle's discount sale (£100 per wheel iirc) and partly as they have a good reputation😎

as to discs, my Rail has 203mm discs f&r so would have thought a Rail9 had similar?

Rich.

Whitby Chris

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
I think you'll get brand-loyalty suggestions🤷‍♂️

I've gone for Sram 'Code' RSC on my gen2 Rail5, partly as they were cheap on Wiggle's discount sale (£100 per wheel iirc) and partly as they have a good reputation😎

as to discs, my Rail has 203mm discs f&r so would have thought a Rail9 had similar?

Rich.
I have already got the MT7's got such a good deal from a friend I couldnt say no, nearly 50% discount, I am defo on 200 front and 180 rear, looking at what trek say we shouldnt go more than 203 so doing some research this evening will need an adapter or rear and spacers for front to go 203 but see loads on here going to 220, its just whats the best rotors to get really and size

calnearlyebike

Feb 8, 2024
warrington
Hi all need some advice please, I have a Rail 9 2022 GX and I am putting Magura MT7's on, I would like to replace the rotors that come on the bike, i know its 200 / 180 as standard size on the bike, I see the Magura sizes are 180 / 203 or 220, what is best to do here will I need an adapter for the front if I go 203? and what for the rear etc I want to change both rotors. if not magura what else is a good brand to go with?

You need to check what front mount your fork has got . For example I think my zeb is 200 so you should get some washers to take you too 203.I ride hope brakes , they are come in nice colours
And made in the UK I think .

I’ve never ridden 220 . I’m 105kg and my 203 stop me every time .

Whitby Chris

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
Thanks all,

I was going by the trek site for my bike specs and they state what the frame mounts start at so was stating 200 front and 180 rear, upon checking the bike its 220 front and 200 rear with adapters, already on the bike, also I read people saying on the site when I did a search before this post like Irie mentioned but with the confusing info felt to make my own :) sorry Irie .People also said that running 220 rotors would void the Trek warranty but after speaking to the people where I bought my bike they have said it will not, and why put a 220 on the front as standard, so as you can see I was confused again reading some posts last night, so all i need is a 40mm adapter for the back and I can put 220's on the front and rear :) as I have already got the MT7's I will stick with Magura rotors and next time might try hope :) thanks for the help everyone :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles