Magura MDR-P rotors

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
I have ordered some sram HS2 220mm for my trance which has the center lock system, not so many options for these if you want 220's, The Trance comes with 200's but they are pretty average ones.

Has anyone tried these? they come in 6 bolt as well

Screenshot_20221017-212616_Samsung Internet.jpg

Farmernz

Jun 18, 2019
Alexandra
I have ordered some sram HS2 220mm for my trance which has the center lock system, not so many options for these if you want 220's, The Trance comes with 200's but they are pretty average ones.

Has anyone tried these? they come in 6 bolt as well

View attachment 99480
Hi Shane, just wondering how you got on with these? I’m wanting a bit more power than my 203 rotors offer on bigger descents, I tend to cook them. Seems not much around in Nz for 220/223 centerlock options that I can find.

Cris

Dec 1, 2018
Beds
Hi Shane, just wondering how you got on with these? I’m wanting a bit more power than my 203 rotors offer on bigger descents, I tend to cook them. Seems not much around in Nz for 220/223 centerlock options that I can find.
I put the HS2 discs on my DH bike they’re an improvement over the standard SRAM discs, which isn’t hard, but one still warped after just a few days use. They’re no where near as good as the Magura MDRP or Galfer “thick” discs.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Timely update to this original thread. Mine are now 15 months old and at the wear limit of 1.8mm
The rear is solid still as it was when I updated page 1 last year.
The front however is now awful. Loads of slop and rattling and vibration on the trail.
I will be replacing them with the 2.3mm thick TRP R1 rotors at 220mm instead as I have these on another bike and am impressed with them.
Plus they should fit the saint caliper as another poster confirmed on page 1.

Last edited:

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
As other fella pointed out, it must be possible to hammer the rivets so that they are tightened again. Of course, this kind of procedure should be done with caution. Hopefully somebody with experience can shime in.
Edit: I found these posts in a motorcycle forum (it was verified by several users):
my rear disc was realy loose rattled bad but i tightened it with a ball bearing on each side of the rivet
then gently sqeezed them in a vice just work your way round the disc little at a time done about 6 months ago
has not come loose yet
I did the same thing. Steel ball on either side squeezed in a vice. No problems since.
take the rotor off and put in a press right on the rivit and it will expand it and make it tighten up, have done about 7 rotors so far and no problems since

Last edited:

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
I found that they warped. When they warp they are incredibly difficult to true up unlike single piece design. I’ve gone back to HS2.

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
Most rotors will warp, fixing that is dead easy on single piece rotors. Its near on impossible on these (from lots of experience).
Sure, but I just wonder if these ones tend to warp more, precisely due to loose rivets, because the forces apply unevenly to the floating part of the rotor when the pads compress it. Does it make sense?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles