Box Ebike 9 speed drive train

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
Well i couldn’t find my post on it from first install. but the bike now has 300 + miles and the whole drive train is shot. 6-7-8 gear slip under a load, chain still measures on wear. But the shifter has gotten very stiff to shift feels like it’s gonna break the cable at any moment. Skips under load and it’s been well cared for. My stock Sunrace 11 speed has 970 miles on it and two winters of mud and still going strong with no issues and the box has not made it to winter mud at all. Been nothing but dry conditions and it’s toast. i like the gear spreads but it’s just not on par with the other brands for durability and smooth operation.
Not going to warranty it as two systems i sold to customers both folded a chain ring over on the rear and my personal i can’t stop it from slipping. but the shifter has always been much stiffer to change gears then other brands and I’m just going back to 11spd

image.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I did multiple searches for it and it wouldn’t show up.
I find it impossible to find some threads. The search discounts any common or short words. For yours I just searched for "speed" and posts by you. It was about 15 down the list of results.

I used to try and plant keywords in threads like kers or batman to make them easy to find-something none bike related or rare bike related... I can't remember half the keywords now so that doesn't necessarily work ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles