Box components Prime 9?

A06

Mar 9, 2023
Corona, CA
Not very happy with current drivetrain options for eMTB. I tend to favor SRAM Eagle however the chainline at the upper and lower extremes on my Altitude PP just look wrong. FWIW I was running a 12spd GX with an X01 shifter.

I reinstalled the 11spd Deore the bike came with last night and decided to abandon the shifter and use an Archer D1X electronic shifter. I did so because the shifting with the Deore just didnt feel as precise as the X01 and I dont really want to upgrade drivetrain just yeat as there seems to be a few things about to be released in the US from both SRAM and Shimano which will be beneficial for eMTB.

The reviews I have seen on the Box Components Prime 9 all seem to be the same. Well built, great idea but lackluster performance as the shifter throw is understandable long and not so understandable for the cost, not very precise feeling.

The beauty of the Archer shifter is you can easily mix match components since the shifter ratio isnt dictated by a mechanical device.

Wondering if its worth trying the the mid tier level Box Prime 9 rear mech, the prime 3 cassette and the prime 1 chain (DLC coated).

I dont really care about weight but more about durability and longevity.

Thoughts?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles