Bosch Flow App - News & Updates

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey
I went for a little test ride to see how it worked out. I had Tour+ (but turned down a bit) Auto (for the first time) emtb and Turbo. I tried riding mainly in Auto. It seemed to me to kick in with the power a bit more strongly that emtb and took a bit of getting use to on the trails I rode - forest debris, rooty and wet - and ended up getting a bit more wheelspin that I wanted. But that is probably more a case of getting use to to it.
The other new feature from the new release was the HRM connectivity. That worked well and I had it displayed on the Kiox 300. However, I can't see it recorded in the post ride analysis and it hasn't uploaded to Strava. Don't know if there is anything I need to "tick" to fix that?

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
aM I the only one without the update yet?

still 1:117.2 :(
I tried to make android check for updates and even connected my bike to see if it would force anything.

literally appeared on my app store after I posted this!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOO

localone

Jun 17, 2019
Bilbao
aM I the only one without the update yet?

still 1:117.2 :(
I tried to make android check for updates and even connected my bike to see if it would force anything.

literally appeared on my app store after I posted this!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOO
Could you select all modes like Sport? Wich bike?

Aug 17, 2022
Dijon
Cela dépend de la façon dont vous utilisez actuellement le vélo. Si vous utilisez eco, je le garderais. Certainement plus équilibré avec Auto remplaçant tour+ car ce sont deux modes variables en fonction de l'entrée du pilote.
Auto n'est pas un mode variable en fonction du pilote
C'est un mode variable en fonction des éléments extérieurs (pente, vent contraire,... )
On peut monter une côte avec une cadence de pédalage de 40 tr/mn sans forcer. Par contre, dans ce cas, c'est l'autonomie qui va diminuer !

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I saw the update when connected to the bike, i pressed download while i was doing other bits on the bike (mainly swearing) it downloaded but said i needed to do the other bluetooth bits??? at which point i'd run out of superlatives and went and sat down in the dark.

I didn't understand what it was talking about, either. So I read further and discovered that the handlebar buttons go to sleep. I clicked the middle button and it completed the update.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2022
Dijon
Bonjour
J'aurais une question pour la programmation du moteur en fonction de la taille des manivelles.
Avant le Smart System, en sélectionnant un eMTB comme seul mode progressif, on pouvait déja choisir la programmation pour manivelles courtes ou celle pour manivelles longues.
Par contre, quand on choisissait Tour+ et eMTB, on ne pouvait avoir que la programmation "manivelles longues". Ce qui pénalisait ceux qui avaient des manivelles courtes, puisqu'il fallait appuyer plus fort sur les pédales pour avoir le même couple.
Avec le Smart System, si je choisis eMTB pour manivelles courtes, et que j'ajoute Tour+, est-ce que je bénéficie également de manivelles courtes pour les 2 modes ? Ou c'est le même problème qu'auparavant
Merci à ceux qui pourront tester

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Website for the update is online with more details and answers to lots of questions in the video:

Last edited:

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Could you select all modes like Sport? Wich bike?

Whyte E-160 29er
yea under customize riding modes, at the bottom theres an edit button for me.

Tasty update added my watch easily under components whilst it was in hr broadcast mode.

Screenshot_2024-02-14-19-19-35-969_com.bosch.ebike.onebikeapp.jpg Screenshot_2024-02-14-19-20-05-914_com.bosch.ebike.onebikeapp.jpg Screenshot_2024-02-14-19-20-47-227_com.bosch.ebike.onebikeapp.jpg

How come I have 2x EMTB mode though? one is pre tuned for the bike by Whyte or what?

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey
I had heart rate showing on my Kiox 300 display when riding... all good but when I look at ride analysis I can't see any heart rate data. Did I need to do anything to make sure it was recorded, not just visible when actually riding. Btw, I created a ride screen which had Speed, Cadence and heart rate.

N.R.G.

Nov 17, 2022
Hampshire
Same here ,I have 2022 cube stereo hybrid and latest flow app software update not appeared on my app yet.
Can anyone out there advise.
I would try going into 'play store' on your phone and check the app version on there, if it is the old one turn your phone off and back on again and then check again

N.R.G.

Nov 17, 2022
Hampshire
I have a Cube Stereo 140tm hybrid 2022 , I have done the update but Don’t get the "Auto" mode
Bosch say the updates are bike specific and I suppose since my 140 is considered a trail bike It appears that "Auto" is not needed...

Has anyone with a 160 done the upgrade and have this mode

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey
I have a Cube Stereo 140tm hybrid 2022 , I have done the update but Don’t get the "Auto" mode
Bosch say the updates are bike specific and I suppose since my 140 is considered a trail bike It appears that "Auto" is not needed...

Yes, my Cube 160 now has the Auto mode after this new release.

Gilbo

Nov 16, 2022
Isle of man

Hi
Just updated my 140 2022 action team and have the same issue. I have the usual 4 modes and the new modes are sport and short cranks but no auto mode. I have contacted cube on the Uk helpline No and they are looking into it.
I was looking forward to trying the Auto mode as well ,typical.

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey
Some more info from EBIKE24 Blog that might be useful. I seem to have found the answer to my question regarding not being able to see post ride heart rate data.
EBIKE24 say " As welcome as this innovation is, the fact that the values are only displayed while you are riding is disappointing. Neither the displays nor the app save them in the tour recording. Unfortunately, you can’t see afterwards how much physical exertion you were under at what point during the ride."

Thats a shame

Pedro1664

Apr 7, 2021
Reading
Quick question: I have two versions of eMTB both have same icons and wording, how do you know the one is for shorter cranks? I run 155mm so keen to select the short crank version. Thx

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
Bosch say the updates are bike specific
For those who don’t have Auto mode after the newest update it is more likely that the motor was built before Auto mode had been announced.

In this case you will need to see a dealer and have him install Auto onto the motor with the appropriate Bosch diagnostics software. That’s a prerequisite before being able to select Auto in the list of installed modes.

The same will be true for eMTB short crank mode. In the beginning that version of the eMTB mode hadn’t been available for the smart system.

Unfortunately it’s possible that some manufacturers do not allow all modes on every model and then nothing can be done.

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
auto sounds like its for city bikes anyway imo

I'm keeping Eco, Tour+ EMTB & Turbo on mine.
I know Eco can get around 50-60miles on flat ground, I bet auto is nowhere near that so I will keep eco for emergencies.
I guess people could switch on the fly though, it probably doesn't need the internet

all good but when I look at ride analysis I can't see any heart rate data.

It makes it pretty pointless if that's the case, I was hoping it would use the HR data to improve the accuracy of calories burnt etc.

not tested mine yet to see if it's the same with the flow app and auto syncing to strava and komoot

Last edited:

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I did the update this morning and I can only select the 4 modes I have already. Eco>Tour+>EMTB & Turbo. I’m completely happy with mine as they are. I would have looked at replacing turbo with auto if available.

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
Quick question: I have two versions of eMTB both have same icons and wording, how do you know the one is for shorter cranks? I run 155mm so keen to select the short crank version. Thx
Do you have an Android phone? It seems this is a bug of the Flow app under Android. The iPhone app will show two different eMTB modes.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I'm afraid this update only works on bosch systems that are 'smart', my 2023 cube stereo, for example, is not 'smart'.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles