Bosch 4 gen. and 12v Power Port

JnsFI

Nov 17, 2020
Finland
Hi!

I attached GPS device (9-12v) to 12v Power Port. It seems that there is no power at all, so does it need to be activated by dealer, like light ports?

Thank you! :)

Brightspark

Apr 24, 2021
Uk
Hi!

I attached GPS device (9-12v) to 12v Power Port. It seems that there is no power at all, so does it need to be activated by dealer, like light ports?

Thank you! :)
Yes it needs activating if not already on.
Some manufacturers send them out pre activated.
Its a 5 min job with laptop for dealer, you can get your firmware updated and a printout of your diagnostics too!

Mar 12, 2022
Chicago, IL
how to do it yourself, without a dealer, just a dealer very far away

You can't do it yourself. You have to use the official dealer software, and some OEM's disable the ability to do that within the drive unit's firmware.

Since I have access to the software we can do a remote USB connection if you can bring your bike near a computer with reliable high speed internet connection. I can see if it is allowed to be turned on for you.

Ura

Feb 11, 2022
Ukrain
You can't do it yourself. You have to use the official dealer software, and some OEM's disable the ability to do that within the drive unit's firmware.

Since I have access to the software we can do a remote USB connection if you can bring your bike near a computer with reliable high speed internet connection. I can see if it is allowed to be turned on for you.

what program should i put on my laptop ?

Jacob

Apr 10, 2022
Poland
Is it possible to configure the power port so that the voltage is active all the time (even with the bike off)?

Mar 12, 2022
Chicago, IL
Is it possible to configure the power port so that the voltage is active all the time (even with the bike off)?

Not to my knowledge. Remember, the port isn’t just a power port for the sake of being there, it is specifically for the front light, and there is another port for the rear lights. Normally there is no case where the port should be on in normal situations.

If like me you are trying to use a rechargeable light instead of a standard eBike light, then I recommend you just plan on remembering to turn it on while riding even with the light off.

Same if it’s for a gps tracker.

Jacob

Apr 10, 2022
Poland
Not to my knowledge. Remember, the port isn’t just a power port for the sake of being there, it is specifically for the front light, and there is another port for the rear lights. Normally there is no case where the port should be on in normal situations.

If like me you are trying to use a rechargeable light instead of a standard eBike light, then I recommend you just plan on remembering to turn it on while riding even with the light off.

Same if it’s for a gps tracker.

I am looking for a solution for anti-theft GPS powering. I need power regardless of whether the bike is turned on. With Yamaha engines there is no problem, the output from the battery is still active. However, in Bosch drives, the system seems to completely turn off the battery. I hope Bosch has left the option to change the power supply methods for guarding devices.

Mar 12, 2022
Chicago, IL
I am looking for a solution for anti-theft GPS powering. I need power regardless of whether the bike is turned on. With Yamaha engines there is no problem, the output from the battery is still active. However, in Bosch drives, the system seems to completely turn off the battery. I hope Bosch has left the option to change the power supply methods for guarding devices.

No, as I mentioned you do not have this option with the Bosch drive unit. I recommend using a rechargeable battery in line. You need the protection anyway in case the main battery is removed.

Ura

Feb 11, 2022
Ukrain
Пожалуйста, пришлите мне в личное сообщение с вашим Telegram, и я могу помочь вам в этом процессе.
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]

Не могу написать вам в личку ваш профиль заблокирован, напишите мне или на почту om

Last edited:

Magren

Aug 10, 2022
Sweden
Went to the dealer today in order to adjust the setting on the 12V port so it stays on even when the bike is turned off. There is no such option which is really bad. Bought a cable and is feeding power to a small gps. Gps have a small internal battery but it will not work during winter storage.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles