Bosch Gen 4 speed

RonJ.

Oct 20, 2019
Netherlands
Hy,

how is the new gen 4 Bosch motor measure the speed.
My bike was over reading I think for 2 km.
Power was assisting about 26-27 at display.
Now we have set the wheel size to the minimum.
Speed and distance looks better now 40km ride on display is now 39,4 on gps.
Only thing power assist stops at 25 for my feeling.
Average speed was a little better.
I had a little hope when downsize the wheel size the top end would be better about 27-28.
Somebody know how the speed is measured.

Regards Ron
Cannondale Moterra 2

sunstoner

Aug 2, 2020
Nottinghamshire
Hy,

how is the new gen 4 Bosch motor measure the speed.
My bike was over reading I think for 2 km.
Power was assisting about 26-27 at display.
Now we have set the wheel size to the minimum.
Speed and distance looks better now 40km ride on display is now 39,4 on gps.
Only thing power assist stops at 25 for my feeling.
Average speed was a little better.
I had a little hope when downsize the wheel size the top end would be better about 27-28.
Somebody know how the speed is measured.

Regards Ron
Cannondale Moterra 2

Mine reads an extra 1.1mph, so cuts off around 16.6mph according to the Purion display. My GPS registers my actual speed as pretty much 15.5mph.

Ura

Feb 11, 2022
Ukrain
how did you change the wheel size? my purion shows 25 km and gps 23 km/h and turn off the help

Ura

Feb 11, 2022
Ukrain
how can I replace DiagnosticTool, for example, to set up many cars, for example, my Renault, I can use other and Chinese adapter elm 327 instead of the original dealer cord instead of the original program, is the bike really more protected than the car

Mar 12, 2022
Chicago, IL
how can I replace DiagnosticTool, for example, to set up many cars, for example, my Renault, I can use other and Chinese adapter elm 327 instead of the original dealer cord instead of the original program, is the bike really more protected than the car

Your other option is to replace your computer with one that offers wheel size correction. There is no third party adapter.

The bike is fairly well protected and in fact uses the same CAN bus that vehicles use and had cryptographic protection on changing certain values just like a car.

Furthermore, the adjustment that a dealer can do or that you can do in the computer is only for speed correction on the display. It does not change the internal wheel size. This is because the maximum allowed speed is tied to the wheel size so assist will always cut at 20mph or 28mph if you have a faster configuration. That value can only be set by OEM.

Ura

Feb 11, 2022
Ukrain
I bought a bike from my hands, it's not new, but I installed a gps computer and saw that the help is turned off by gps at 22km / h, maybe the seller could change the components, because the seller lied about the condition of the bike, the condition of the bike is bad :( tell me on which display can change the circumference of the wheels?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles