• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Bosch’s crank removal

avman

May 24, 2021
hull
Hi have a Bosch xx performance with fsa cranks it’s a moustache trail 10

The collor holding crank spider is loose and i have a tool to tighten it up but for the life of me can’t find a way to remove the crank

The crank pullers I have dont work as it’s a hollow bb maybe I need a different crank puller

Last edited:

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
I had to do this last night as changing to 155mm cranks. The drive side crank kept coming loose so that side just wiggled off but I couldn't get the left side off even after removing the nut and tapping with a soft blow mallet. In the end I put the new right side crank on and used a 3/8" socket extension to put down the hollow crank bb which pressed up again the new nut on the RHS. Then I used, of all things, a Pitman Arm puller that fitted the old crank and placed a socket on top of the extension bar so that the bolt from the puller didn't push onto the thread and off it came no problem.
I suppose that there is a proper Parktool puller that you can purchase but needed it down asap and just used what was on hand. Hope this helps.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Hi have a Bosch xx performance with fsa cranks it’s a moustache trail 10

The collor holding crank spider is loose and i have a tool to tighten it up but for the life of me can’t find a way to remove the crank

The crank pullers I have dont work as it’s a hollow bb maybe I need a different crank puller
I assume the cranks are not self extracting?
Most crank pullers have 2 "push bits" with different diameters. ( c 11mm and c 16mm)....... You are maybe using the smaller one. The part you tighten ( screw in) needs to hit the shoulder of the ISIS splined shaft ( what you refer to as the BB). If you are currently using the smaller diameter push bit the larger one is attained by reversing that end piece.........or a larger push bit may be stashed at the other end of the puller tool.

avman

May 24, 2021
hull
Hi cheers I will take a look. Mine tools are a bit old school so are 30 years old may need a new one.
But will try the reverse trick.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles