• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Bosch extra battery holder removal- how ?

daddyo

Sep 15, 2019
Brno, Czech Republic
Hey folks. my wife bought an used Flyer Goroc 3 with the additional 500Wh battery. As the inbuild 625Wh battery will be enough for our rides, I would like to remoce the extra battery and holder and have space for a bottle. I cannot find anywhere how to remove the battery holders. Do we have to go and visit a Bosch service or can it be done easily at home. Also the lights cannot be turned off , is that a german legal thing ? Thanks for your help.
IMG_6399.JPG

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Hey folks. my wife bought an used Flyer Goroc 3 with the additional 500Wh battery. As the inbuild 625Wh battery will be enough for our rides, I would like to remoce the extra battery and holder and have space for a bottle. I cannot find anywhere how to remove the battery holders. Do we have to go and visit a Bosch service or can it be done easily at home. Also the lights cannot be turned off , is that a german legal thing ? Thanks for your help.

You don't need to remove the mount at all if you can locate the bottle holder part. These links pertain to the Orbea Wild, but I assume they're just Bosch parts.

(See plate in center-top of photo)

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Also the lights cannot be turned off , is that a german legal thing ?

Apparently it's required for compliance with Swiss traffic laws.

In December 2021, the Federal Council decided to introduce new guidelines for e-bikes in road traffic. In accordance with the ordinance of the Federal Roads Office (FEDRO), all e-bikes must be equipped with a daytime light from 1 April. This means that dusk will no longer be sufficient as a guideline for switching on lights; they will become mandatory at all times of the day and in all lighting conditions. The change in legislation applies to both fast e-bikes and s-pedelecs with pedal assist up to 45 km/h as well as classic e-bikes or pedelecs with pedal assist up to 25 km/h.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles