Bike shop owners/ workers

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Anybody on here own or work in a bike shop.
what’s the situation with stock, as in do you have plenty of bikes / spares, are they easy to get, are you having delays in getting stuff.
Are peaple spending more on bikes in these Covid times.
just interesting to hear from peaple in the game.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Anybody on here own or work in a bike shop.
what’s the situation with stock, as in do you have plenty of bikes / spares, are they easy to get, are you having delays in getting stuff.
Are peaple spending more on bikes in these Covid times.
just interesting to hear from peaple in the game.
I don’t work in a bike shop but I’ve noticed the staff getting slightly smaller in the LBS. Probably because they can’t get bikes or parts like they use to.
I was fortunate and may have made it under the wire. I purchased in late 2019 and early 2020 for the eMTB’s. Now myself and neighbors are building up a parts inventory that we share amongst ourselves. We’re not hoarding parts …ok, we are hoarding parts, but we keep our eMTB’s rollin.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Maybe there's other job openings for taller people in Canada ?

Or do you mean slimmer - like they're not getting paid and can't afford food ? ;) :ROFLMAO:
These kids are 6’5” now and talk really really fast.(I can’t understand them).
So 6’3” is small. So I meant thinner …no wait…argggg, I’m grammatically challenged.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Them biscuits is a UK thang .
Take a packet of biscuits into a bike shop in Oz they would think you are on your way to visit grandma at the old people `s home .

Being a never employed Self-Appointed-Rocket-Surgeon I have a sense of what it can be like to wander in an empty bike showroom. Bring some “Tim-Bits” with you and watch their eyes widen with glee. Then get the 20% discount on something you ordered that takes 3 months to arrive.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Them biscuits is a UK thang .
Take a packet of biscuits into a bike shop in Oz they would think you are on your way to visit grandma at the old people `s home .

I do work in a bike shop, and got a fair bit of stock here to build up at the moment. Customer brought in home made scones during the week,.. that was pretty sweet. ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles