Bike shop bashing

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
I get the same damn treatment from my LBS as well. Even tried to pay more for some simple work they did last year and wouldn't take it, so I put it in the donation box for my local trails.

:unsure: Sneaky , I like it. Chances are those cheeky LBS types are out maintaining the local trails on weekends , that'll teach them.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
My LBS charged me $35 to wash my bike before working on it .
Turns out they decided not to do the job but still charged me to clean the bike . I was OK with that . But ... when I collected the bike it was exactly the same as when I dropped it off !!!! OOps somebody fcked up .

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Bloody bike shop, I dropped it in for a service and they fixed my bike. The bztrds even cleaned it!

I feel cheated, nothing to rant about, no complaints, even the bill was less than expected.

They sent a text when it was ready, worked with me on letting a mate pick it up.

Friendly, competent service, WTF?

You need to name and shame these arseholes, let them face trial by social media and then threaten legal action! ????

What’s the world coming too when you can’t drop your bike in for a service and end up in lengthy legal disputes.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Bout time we hear a good experience. We just
Need an apocalypse to remove all of these competent shop people from the earth.

They picked the wrong guy .
1st they voided my warranty for derestriction . Then charged me for work they didn`t even do . :unsure:
I Didn`t burn the bridge as I need them to get parts through . A new motor power cord is in transit from Spesh . [ Warranty not void on motor cable lol . ] Why they didn`t replace it when they exchanged the motor 2 months ago has me baffled .

Charged me $320 Oz to exchange the motor . I complained to Spesh .They told me that price was excessive .
When this motor was arranged to be exchanged the fee would now be $200 .Told me they had to do other work on my bike . I didn`t ask for them to index my gears and centre the brakes which they reckoned was why it cost $320 that time . But now $200 this time . Gouging ??

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
You took it in still derestricted? Isn’t that like......not smart

No I didn`t take in still derestricted .
They told me the battery charges and distance travelled didn`t add up . And said no warranty for you !
But I have two batteries ?

So I fixed the motor with The Bearing Man parts kit and soldiered on . Then this week I washed the bike and next day it wouldn`t turn on . Then I contacted Spesh the rider care lad told me to check the motor cable ? Bingo ! Old style power cable known fault ...
New power cable in transit . Looking fwd to returning and pointing out their error re the bike washing fee .

Last edited:

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Mmmmmm. I ride my SL off but that’s getting extreme range. I’m assuming your bike is showing very poor range which is what would happen when derestricting. So the two batteries would 2x counter their logic. You should say your wife is a lazy ass whale and only has one leg so the bike does all the work moving her 1 legged 120kilo mass of smelly lovin.

Alex from Planet 3 told me it was the 1st time he had heard of Spesh voiding a warranty for using his device .

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
You need to name and shame these arseholes, let them face trial by social media and then threaten legal action! ????

What’s the world coming too when you can’t drop your bike in for a service and end up in lengthy legal disputes.

Jimbo, you have a point, Let the trial begin

1st they voided my warranty for derestriction .

WHO voided that warranty for deristriction?

Alex from Planet 3 told me it was the 1st time he had heard of Spesh voiding a warranty for using his device .

!!!! OOps somebody fcked up .

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'm considering my warranty void after I was dumb enough to use the bike as an e-submarine.

Sometimes you just have to accept that your actions have consequences.

That reminds me, anyone want to swap a new Kenevo SL for A classic 2019 1.3 Kenevo X wing. One very serious careful gentleman owner, never been abused, used off road or crashed.

May come with some free caviar. Due to other commitments, viewings only possible in the rain and at night.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Bloody bike shop, I dropped it in for a service and they fixed my bike. The bztrds even cleaned it!

I feel cheated, nothing to rant about, no complaints, even the bill was less than expected.

They sent a text when it was ready, worked with me on letting a mate pick it up.

Friendly, competent service, WTF?

Don't be fooled.....hypnosis is quite common these places.
**knips**....and NOW you will wake up.....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles