Bike pump mounting

ShinySideUp

Jun 4, 2022
UK
I've run out or space on my frame for mounting things. I have a water bottle and a folding lock but need to attach my bike pump somewhere as the frame is now too small to accommodate a pump as well. Was looking for a proprietary handlebar mount or something but can't find anything anywhere. Anyone got alternatives to frame-mounting a cycle pump?

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania
I've run out or space on my frame for mounting things. I have a water bottle and a folding lock but need to attach my bike pump somewhere as the frame is now too small to accommodate a pump as well. Was looking for a proprietary handlebar mount or something but can't find anything anywhere. Anyone got alternatives to frame-mounting a cycle pump?
You could try a strap like these....Backcountry Research

I have one for spare tube and levers, but my pump is a OneUp pump which has the mount that goes under the bottle mount.

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
On my roadbike i use velcro cableties. Cheap, useful re-usable and flexible - i tie a set around the frame and some around the pump then fix one to t'other and a final set ties them all together. I use 3 fixing points and finally superglued the set to the pump - ain't no way that things coming off unless i want it to.
On my mtb i just whack it in my backpack. Everything's in there, nothing on the bike apart from waterbottle. I never cease to be amazed how once i'm riding i never notice the backpack and it weighs a fair bit.

ShinySideUp

Jun 4, 2022
UK
On my roadbike i use velcro cableties. Cheap, useful re-usable and flexible - i tie a set around the frame and some around the pump then fix one to t'other and a final set ties them all together. I use 3 fixing points and finally superglued the set to the pump - ain't no way that things coming off unless i want it to.
On my mtb i just whack it in my backpack. Everything's in there, nothing on the bike apart from waterbottle. I never cease to be amazed how once i'm riding i never notice the backpack and it weighs a fair bit.

Ooh, I think I have some of those somewhere, never thought of using that method, I think I got a bit fixated with some proprietary method of attaching a pump to my handlebars.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles