Tire pump

macs80

Feb 16, 2020
Switzerland
I have to buy some equipments to inflate my tires at home and on trails.

My first choice was the Lezyne Micro Floor Drive Digital HVG. As it is pretty versatile I would use it at home and on trail with its digital gauge. But by reading some reviews it seems that the gauge is not so accurate.

Then I started to think to have a floor pump at home and a cheapest mini pump on trails and buying a standalone digital gauge for both. But as I'm in tubeless maybe it’s not the best setup.

Any advice ?
Anyone use the Lezyne Micro Drive digital pump ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Then I started to think to have a floor pump at home and a cheapest mini pump on trails and buying a standalone digital gauge for both. But as I'm in tubeless maybe it’s not the best setup.
My choice would be:
for home, a combined floor pump with tubeless inflation chamber all in the one product
and for while riding a small mini pump or CO2 head/carts (I tend to prefer Co2 as it's smaller/lighter to carry) and a cheap separate digital pressure guage

TBH I never carry a pressure guage on a ride but it can be handy to have in your car/riding kit bag (I know roughly whether I'm at close to my optimum tyre pressure just by feel tho)

These are pretty decent (although the chamber switch is a little flimsy)
LifeLine AirBlast Tubeless Tyre Track Pump | Chain Reaction Cycles
The guage is reasonably accurate (but because it goes all the way up to 250psi it's not ideal to read super accurately at low pressures)
Mini pump or Co2 is going to be down to personal pref. but the cheap little BBB digi guages are pretty decent for the cash.

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
My choice would be:
for home, a combined floor pump with tubeless inflation chamber all in the one product
and for while riding a small mini pump or CO2 head/carts (I tend to prefer Co2 as it's smaller/lighter to carry) and a cheap separate digital pressure guage
This. Pump my tyres up before a ride and set the pressure with my digital gauge. i throw my floor pump in the car so its there in the carpark if need be. In my hydration pack i have a co2 catridge+ inflator, topeak HV mini pump and a topeak digital gauge.

I am currently looking for a new floor pump which has a tubeless chamber. Does anyone have recommendations - as always cheapest/best value is preferred.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I am currently looking for a new floor pump which has a tubeless chamber. Does anyone have recommendations - as always cheapest/best value is preferred.
What about the one I posted a link to in the reply you just quoted?
:ROFLMAO:

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
i spent a ridiculous amount on a lezyne digital overdrive thinking it would last forever. It didn't. I didn't even use it much, just for new tires. It developped some internal leak that was not serviceable, and yes the nice diital gauge was not accurate. Replaced with topeak joe blow booster and it works well

macs80

Feb 16, 2020
Switzerland
And what about air compressor ? It's almost the same price as a good floor pump with tubeless chamber.
And why everybody seems prefer stand-alone digital gauge instead one included into the pump ? Is it not more comfy to fine tune pressure while inflating tires ?

macs80

Feb 16, 2020
Switzerland
i spent a ridiculous amount on a lezyne digital overdrive thinking it would last forever. It didn't. I didn't even use it much, just for new tires. It developped some internal leak that was not serviceable, and yes the nice diital gauge was not accurate. Replaced with topeak joe blow booster and it works well
I’ll not do the same mistake. :) Thanks for sharing.

macs80

Feb 16, 2020
Switzerland
My choice would be:

TBH I never carry a pressure guage on a ride but it can be handy to have in your car/riding kit bag (I know roughly whether I'm at close to my optimum tyre pressure just by feel tho)

These are pretty decent (although the chamber switch is a little flimsy)
LifeLine AirBlast Tubeless Tyre Track Pump | Chain Reaction Cycles
The guage is reasonably accurate (but because it goes all the way up to 250psi it's not ideal to read super accurately at low pressures)
Mini pump or Co2 is going to be down to personal pref. but the cheap little BBB digi guages are pretty decent for the cash.

Co2 looks great for riding but it could be useful to deflate your tires just for a down hill and then inflate again, no ? You will spend a lot of Co2 in this case..

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Faff about with tyre pressures all you want but personally I just run appropriately high pressures for my entire ride. life's far too short for that shit!

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I bought one of these 2 months ago (it was only £25 then):

Jobsworth Tubeless 2 Pump It Up Track Pump

I am very impressed with it for the price; mostly metal, very smooth, fits 3 types of valve, has a long flexible tube and feels like it will last for a long time.

I have not had a chance to try the rapid reservoir inflate function, but I have checked and inflated a number of tyres with it.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
And what about air compressor ? It's almost the same price as a good floor pump with tubeless chamber.
And why everybody seems prefer stand-alone digital gauge instead one included into the pump ? Is it not more comfy to fine tune pressure while inflating tires ?
Those integrated gauges do get you in the ball park. They fluctuate a fair bit though; you have to over inflate then get accuracy with a stand alone gauge. The integrated gauge is really measuring the pressure in the hose, not the tyre, which is 50cm or more away. Which explains why I have to over inflate (according to integrated gauge) a bit to get close to correct pressure.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Air compressor is an awesome idea! I use mine after a ride (or before next ride) to blast dust off wheels, gears, rotors, and especially inside the calipers. Lots of uses if you have an air gun attachment
air gun.jpg

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
Careful with the compressor it’ll blow stuff into places where you don’t want it. Same with hosing off your bike. Just don’t do it. Let mud dry then brush off. For a great floor pump, this is what I use. Cheap, effective, built in gauge that works and has lasted me for years. 30 bucks or so.?

PFP-6 Home Mechanic Floor Pump | Park Tool

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles