Recommend me a bike pump please.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Hi all. My aldi special has gone tits up (surprise surprise).
So looking for something to stick in the backpack for emergencies.
Track pump and compressor in the garage.
What have you guys got?

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
No particular recommendation apart from a comment made to me on another forum that makes sense - get a pump that attaches to the valve stem by a hose rather than a direct fit as it puts less sideways stress on the valve when you're using it.

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
I use CO2, although I hardly ever need it with tubeless for some reason in the U.K. The only time I’ve needed a pump regularly since going tubeless was riding in the desert in Arizona where the extraordinary cacti thorns everywhere routinely punctured the tyres. Being 15yrs ago, ‘Slime’ plus a quick pump after it had congealed (like something from the Dark Side) was what the locals showed us was best.
Hypocritically, I do also carry a little pump as well, but I don’t know why I do that and, having never used this one, I can’t really recommend it to you ?

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
Track pump for the garage/shed, co2 cartridges for the trail. I've got a Crank Bros Sterling for multi day trips.

Ducman71

Apr 8, 2021
Orange County, CA
I carry a Leyzene Micro Floor Drive HV in my pack. Well made, very light (despite the physical size) and makes very quick work of any MTB tire compared to any compact hand held pump I've ever used.

Barbara_Reed

Oct 18, 2020
FR
CO2 in the bike daypack. Not a nasty plastic one. Battery electric in the garage or when I'm on a multi day trip with the camping gear.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
To be honest I have never needed a pump in anger on the trail for years. But its easier for the odd pressure adjustment to the tyres to grab a pump.
I'm running Oko tubeless fluid and 1 bike has 23 thorns in the front wheel.
Years ago co2 used to react with latex and corrode aluminium but not sure if that is still the case and the Oko is not latex as far as I know.
I will start looking at the suggestions and see what is going to suit me.
Many thanks ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles