Battery storage and charging

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
Shortly taking delivery of a 2020 Focus Jam2, with the new Bosch motor. This will be my first ebike. I’ll be keeping it in an integral garage (west of Scotland) so winter temperatures regularly low single digits. What implications does this have for storage, and battery charging ?

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
To maximise it’s life take the battery inside for storage at room temp in winter, store at between 30-70% charged between uses and only charge to full within 24hrs of your next ride. Links on a thread from yesterday that should be helpful...

Battery charging - EMTB Forums

Last edited:

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
Thanks, I am used to the 30-70% thing for my Exposure lights but hadnt realised about removing and storing battery in the warm, that’s a bit of a pain as I’ll be taking it on and off 3 times a week !

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Thanks, I am used to the 30-70% thing for my Exposure lights but hadnt realised about removing and storing battery in the warm, that’s a bit of a pain as I’ll be taking it on and off 3 times a week !
TBH you only really need to take it inside when you know it is going to be hot (>25 C, unlikely in Scotland ;)) or cold (say less than 2 C). The rest of the time it can stay on the bike.

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
Gary, they don’t arrive in the UK till end of August. I’m getting mine from Sprockets who are getting one of the first shipments...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles