Bar length ?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Thoughts on cutting my bars, as I don’t really like the back sweep on them now.

829BFCF4-35B5-4BB7-BBD9-42340F353041.jpeg

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Got some 800mm Spank vibrocores comming. Do you think i’ll Notice the extra 10mm each end over the standard bars ?

Will review the vibrocores when I have a bit of ride time on them.

Btw Spesh bars bend like cheese and so do their saddles ? but a undercooked front flip to a solid asphalt pump track don’t help the cause.

22FBCE10-9D9E-4F17-977D-0FE7B1394B4B.jpeg

Geoff

Aug 21, 2018
Australia
Got some 800mm Spank vibrocores comming. Do you think i’ll Notice the extra 10mm each end over the standard bars ?

Only every time you try to get the bike through a doorway or knock them on trees that you once sailed past without a problem. ;)

Last edited:

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
That's way way to short .
Yeah, but I only done one side ?

Lucky they only my old bent bars that I have to cut to get the dropper leaver ect off.
Got some Spank vibrocores coming that i’ll Cut 10mm each end to make them 780mm

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Gotta :love:MountainBikesDirect.com.au for their super fast delivery.
Ordered Sunday, arrived Tuesday.
And Monday was a public holiday.
2 packages, express post. Bonus Mtb direct stickers.
Fitted last night and ride today.

Cutting 10mm either end off new bars was nerve wracking. They weighed the same as the old bars, but the old bars had 6-8” removed from one end. Never could find the bit I cut off.

Geoff

Aug 21, 2018
Australia
Ordered Sunday, arrived Tuesday.
And Monday was a public holiday.
2 packages, express post. Bonus Mtb direct stickers.
Fitted last night and ride today.

Cutting 10mm either end off new bars was nerve wracking. They weighed the same as the old bars, but the old bars had 6-8” removed from one end. Never could find the bit I cut off.

Although based in Queensland they actually ship from a warehouse near Melbourne in Victoria. The warehouse is located close to both the airport and a major Australia Post sorting facility. Victoria had a public holiday on Friday instead of Monday hence they were able to dispatch your order to you on Monday and you received it a day earlier than you were probably expecting. Depending on what time of day you place your order, with their express delivery, you can quite often have it in your hand in less than 20 hours.

On a completely different topic - For cutting alloy bars and seat posts I use a pipe cutter (available at Bunnings or any tool store). So much easier than trying to get a straight clean cut with a hacksaw.

Geoff

Aug 21, 2018
Australia
What influenced your decision to get the ODI Rogue Grips?

I'm a fan of their Ruffian model which I have installed on my DH bike but my other bikes have either Specialized Enduro or Half Waffle grips. The ODI Rogue looks similar to the Specialized Enduro Grip in that it has a lot of rubber cushioning. The big advantage I see with the ODI grips is that they have a solid metal end that doesn't get torn to pieces when handlebar strike occurs.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
O
What influenced your decision to get the ODI Rogue Grips?

I'm a fan of their Ruffian model which I have installed on my DH bike but my other bikes have either Specialized Enduro or Half Waffle grips. The ODI Rogue looks similar to the Specialized Enduro Grip in that it has a lot of rubber cushioning. The big advantage I see with the ODI grips is that they have a solid metal end that doesn't get torn to pieces when handlebar strike occurs.

Always been a fan, as they are fat and have some cushioning, and robust end plugs that can take fair hits from trees and crashes.
They do after a while suffer from a little bit of twisting movement, but not enough to notice on the trail. This is the only minor gripe I have with them.
When I smashed me bars and bent them the grips just tore out of the lock rings.

The saddle I am yet to try. The first Spesh henge with crmo hollow rails, snapped a rail. I changed to the cheaper henge steel rail, and as you can see suffered bad in the crash. The rails were starting to bend before this however.

I now have a spare ODI Rogue grip too, so bonus ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles