Kenevo Gen1 Chain length

Dibby8

Apr 10, 2023
Norfolk UK
Hi guys, new on here and hoping you can help.

I have a kenevo expert (S3) and have just changed the chain ring to a 34 (bought a 36 but it won't fit :mad:) and have also changed the rear cassette to a 12 speed as I have fitted a SRAM GX Eagle AXS Upgrade Kit to get electric gear shifting. Does anyone know how I size the new chain to suit?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
There are loads of different ways to do it all on YouTube, but the key thing to take into account is the extension of the wheelbase when the rear suspension compresses. Even single pivot rear suspension may extend the wheelbase, depending upon where the pivot is placed, so it is important that you fully compress the rear suspension before cutting the chain to length. Either lower the pressure in your shock or get a heavier mate to lean on the saddle for you.

I have a one-page summary of six methods plus my recco. Send me a message (the envelope at the right of the EMTB banner) and I'll email you a copy FOC.

Dibby8

Apr 10, 2023
Norfolk UK
There are loads of different ways to do it all on YouTube, but the key thing to take into account is the extension of the wheelbase when the rear suspension compresses. Even single pivot rear suspension may extend the wheelbase, depending upon where the pivot is placed, so it is important that you fully compress the rear suspension before cutting the chain to length. Either lower the pressure in your shock or get a heavier mate to lean on the saddle for you.

I have a one-page summary of six methods plus my recco. Send me a message (the envelope at the right of the EMTB banner) and I'll email you a copy FOC.
steve, as new on here I cant send messages yet.....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles