BAFANG m600

Bruce B

Apr 26, 2022
NZ
Hey guys been reading a fair bit on what everyone gets up to man some of you guys do heaps.
I’d just like to say apart from my 25 km speed limit which I hope someone can help me with, I reckon the m 600 goes well .
I pulled apart the motor yesterday just to check it wasn’t ingressing water and didn’t look like it but there was a couple of loose screws I found.
However the main big gear on the crank looked a bit rusty . But just seemed to have a rusty type grease which tells me it must have got a little water or condensation in there.
It cleaned up well and I pushed a bit more grease around the seal and bearing to prevent water forcing in.
I also made a little breather to go on the front of the motor (only place I could get it) and ran a tube up in the battery case so should let the condensation out.
Nice easy motor to pull apart. I put a little sealer on the gaskets just in case there’s any war page on the cases , but I doubt it and now feel better going through deep water even though I try to avoid it.

mmcarm

Jun 14, 2022
California
Would be interested to see pics of your mods. Had an M600 with 500 miles with 80% of them in dry conditions and water ingress or condensation damage caused bearings around the crank and a couple other bearings to rust and fail. Rust was all over the mechanicals, a bit of grit mixed in but not bad.

MadZoom

Aug 26, 2022
CA, USA
I had similar experience on my m620 when I opened the motor up at 600+ miles to re-grease the motor with corn head grease. The gears and the grease were colored rusty. The general consensus has been that bafang doesn't add a sufficient amount of quality grease. I ride in dry conditions 100% of the time. The only time my bike gets wet is when I wash it after a long trail ride.

Gears.PNG
Openned 2.PNG

Bruce B

Apr 26, 2022
NZ
Would be interested to see pics of your mods. Had an M600 with 500 miles with 80% of them in dry conditions and water ingress or condensation damage caused bearings around the crank and a couple other bearings to rust and fail. Rust was all over the mechanicals, a bit of grit mixed in but not bad.
Will try and get a pic for you I should have done a lot when I had it apart would have been easy but for some reason I forgot.
I’ll see when I get the crash guard off as to how good a photo I can get

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
What grease did you use and how often do you think it should be regreased? I bought my m510 second hand and it's at around 2000km already. It's making a good bit of whining noise, but that's fairly normal. Unfortunately I don't know if the noise used to be different or not...

Bruce B

Apr 26, 2022
NZ
What grease did you use and how often do you think it should be regreased? I bought my m510 second hand and it's at around 2000km already. It's making a good bit of whining noise, but that's fairly normal. Unfortunately I don't know if the noise used to be different or not...
I used a Mobil 222 XHP and there is use of I think Mobil 28 which is used in aviation.
do you have the plastic gear .
Mine makes a tiny whine but very very quiet with the plastic gear. Just don’t grease the sprag bearing (one way bearing ) too much as it will stick and not give you drive when you want out on the trail , might tend to skip.
Probably do a check on it every year but bear in mind how much riding you have done

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles