Bafang M600 Slippage

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
I was riding today and this is the first time this has happened. I pedaled backwards like half pedal to prepare for a turn, once I applied force forward, the the motor just slipped like all hell.. and it hurt like hell too.. I tried a few time to get it to happen again to find out it was the cranks just spinning (I was thinking, hoping it wasn't the motor). Only time is happens is when you back pedal maybe half a turn then apply forward pressure directly afterwards.. It made a weird noise like something didn't catch. Freewheel issue maybe?

Any clue before I take this thing apart.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Same problem on my M500, and this what happened on motor freewheel. can't find local bearing, have to order from bafang :(

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-08 at 08.03.09.jpeg

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
Same problem on my M500, and this what happened on motor freewheel. can't find local bearing, have to order from bafang :(

View attachment 82108
I took it apart today. Didn't see any damage anywhere. There seems to be only 1 one-way bearing in there.. It's smaller gear next to the motor drive gear. I have about a 100 miles on it now..

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
thanks.. that got it fix.. I added more grease in there an it made it worse.. So I cleaned it all out with brake cleaner and didn't put any grease on the big bearings you can move in and out.. also didn't put any on the "clutch" outside that those slide over
.. you could tell a difference and feel the little roller bearings move in and out once it's cleaned.

uef2

Nov 22, 2021
Germany

View attachment 82108
Hi temon10, I got the same problem.
Did you solve the problem? I have the exact same problem with the needle bearing. Did you remove the defective bearing yourself and install a new one? Was that complicated?

Best regards

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Hi temon10, I got the same problem.
Did you solve the problem? I have the exact same problem with the needle bearing. Did you remove the defective bearing yourself and install a new one? Was that complicated?

Best regards

i bought a new bearing from chili. and it's working.

uef2

Nov 22, 2021
Germany
hi do you have the link to share? cant find the bearing anywhere..
If your engine is still under warranty, write to your seller. He needs to get in touch with Bafang. I got mine from Dengfu and Melody has now organized the replacement part through Bafang. I will get the delivery in the next few days.

lalaland

Jul 27, 2021
singapore
If your engine is still under warranty, write to your seller. He needs to get in touch with Bafang. I got mine from Dengfu and Melody has now organized the replacement part through Bafang. I will get the delivery in the next few days.
already did that. still waiting for bafang to get back to the seller.. been weeks and no reply from bafang yet

uef2

Nov 22, 2021
Germany
already did that. still waiting for bafang to get back to the seller.. been weeks and no reply from bafang yet
In fact, patience is needed, Bafang people seem to be very busy. I also had to wait several weeks. Ultimately it worked.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles