Bafang M560

K78

Jan 17, 2023
Manchester
Is this the LCES004?
It’s seems pretty much identical from what I can see.
6BC3975C-B3CC-44FD-848B-4FEF7F39453E.png

Snotgobbler

Aug 13, 2022
Surrey
Hey guys.

Any more news on this motor in terms of availability/shops that are committed to stocking it?

I am mid E10 build with a brand new M600 standing by, but would eBay that and pick this up soon, if it's likely to drop within the next 2 or 3 months...

Cheers for any updates in advance,

Snotty

vext

Aug 11, 2022
Los Angeles
Hey guys.

Any more news on this motor in terms of availability/shops that are committed to stocking it?

I am mid E10 build with a brand new M600 standing by, but would eBay that and pick this up soon, if it's likely to drop within the next 2 or 3 months...

Cheers for any updates in advance,

Snotty
Ask Chili!

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
I ordered a M820 motor as soon they were available, it took a month to come from Bafang, I was probably one the first to get one, if you don’t order you are further down the supply list.

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Really hoping to hear first reviews on this motor soon. Also what do you assume is the difference between the 500w and the 750w motor? Different controller or just a different tune?

BillyB

Aug 19, 2023
Sydney
Nice. Yes that's my point. The m600 suffers from old thinking in it's design. It performs well on the flat or up slight hills. But on the steep you have to downshift to keep the RPM high enough to keep power flowing from the m600. This means you slow down. My father, on his brose for example does not need to downshift because the brose makes more power at a lower RPM so he goes up faster.

To be clear the m600 climbs fine, just slower, and I would not complain if I had not ridden my dad's brose up the same hill much faster.

I just hope the m560 solves the cadence limitation, like I think they did with the m510.
Can't just use throttle to help up steep hills?

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
What would Frey charge you for an M560? It is the newest version and seems to have more input connectivity?

kiwitourer

Aug 25, 2021
Wellington, New Zealand
Just received a new E10 with the M560 500w motor. First test was extremely disappointing. The motor noise is incredibly loud. I would say twice as noisy as my M600. It also makes very strange 'grinding' noise at the point of motor engagement and disengagement when your cadence and torque input is low but enough to trigger the motor. I have gone back to the supplier and let them know that I can't accept this and will need to return it. It is that bad.
I have spare M600 which I can swap in. So unless I just got a bad one I would caution buyers to wait for more reviews as I have read about others complaining about how loud the motor noise is.

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Just received a new E10 with the M560 500w motor. First test was extremely disappointing. The motor noise is incredibly loud. I would say twice as noisy as my M600. It also makes very strange 'grinding' noise at the point of motor engagement and disengagement when your cadence and torque input is low but enough to trigger the motor. I have gone back to the supplier and let them know that I can't accept this and will need to return it. It is that bad.
I have spare M600 which I can swap in. So unless I just got a bad one I would caution buyers to wait for more reviews as I have read about others complaining about how loud the motor noise is.
You were sold a defective motor. I've been driving the M560 and CEF49 for two weeks now. I hear a noise. My M560 is quieter than the M600. I don't have any metallic noise. I really like its power and how it rides.

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-26 at 16.37.27.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-09-26 at 16.37.36.jpeg

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Lanton, please, how it can be quiter, when it has steel gear? Guys, lets agree, we wont be writing bulls*its and confuse other people, who is reading this forum.

From your comment, somebody can decide to buy M560 and then can be very disappointed, when will be much louder then M600! I have new M600, M510 and M620, so also can tell a difference. M600 with nylon is quiter then M510. And steel gear are definitelly louder.

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Lanton, please, how it can be quiter, when it has steel gear? Guys, lets agree, we wont be writing bulls*its and confuse other people, who is reading this forum.

From your comment, somebody can decide to buy M560 and then can be very disappointed, when will be much louder then M600! I have new M600, M510 and M620, so also can tell a difference. M600 with nylon is quiter then M510. And steel gear are definitelly louder.
I sold my E10 with an M600 a month ago. It was loud and I didn't like it. Now I have an M560 and the sound of the engine does not annoy me. I can hear him very well and a friend who is riding next to me on the M510 hears him. Linda wrote to me that the M560 700W motor is very noisy and very heated. So I bought an M560 500W. I think we bought different versions of the motors.

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia

Of all the motors that I had, the M510 is the quietest motor. All summer I rode the M820, M600, M510. Don't you think bafang sold a batch of M560 converted from 700W?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
I am almost sure 500 and 750W is same now, only firmware is pushing more current.

And again, steel gear can not be quiter.

kiwitourer

Aug 25, 2021
Wellington, New Zealand
I have imported 6 E10's with the M600 motor. The first 2 had the steel gears and the last 2 had Peek gears. The steel gear versions got quieter after about 200kms and now I can't tell apart from the Peek gear bikes. The noise level on them all is fine.
The M560 on the other hand is extremely loud. I would say twice that of the M600's. My motor was one of the first off the production line and arrived with 86km's and 261 minutes already recorded on the controller. This must have been a test motor so perhaps not representative of the motors produced later. I am waiting to hear back from my supplier (Dengfu) and if I can be assured that a replacement motor will be quieter, then I will get another M560. If not, I will swap in a spare M600 I have on hand.
This is why I am interested in how others with M560 are finding the motor noise. Hopefully it has been improved.
I will have a go at recording the noise levels and post here. I will also update on what I hear back from my supplier. It is important that we as a community share as much as possible so we can make sound purchase decisions. New models always have teething issues.

Ken Chung

Sep 27, 2023
HONG KONG
My friend and I had a total of 3 M600s broken down. Within 2 months of use, the meter could not be turned on. I confirmed that it was not a problem with the meter or switch. I replaced it with an old M600 and it turned on. I tried replacing the controller. But it still cannot be opened. Using BESST to calibrate and set it, it will rotate normally, and the values can be read and changed, but the meter cannot be opened.

I just bought 2 M560s, I hope replacing them will solve the problem

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles