Back protector for regular backpack..?

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I've just bought an Endura MT500 hydration pack complete with bladder and back protection from the cycle store. It was £69.99 which is near as damn it half RRP. It seems like a very good pack although I haven't tested it in anger yet:) It was also free P&P.

Cyclestore.co.uk

Al

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
I've just bought an Endura MT500 hydration pack complete with bladder and back protection from the cycle store. It was £69.99 which is near as damn it half RRP. It seems like a very good pack although I haven't tested it in anger yet:) It was also free P&P.

Cyclestore.co.uk

Al
That sounds like a great deal. Just tried their website but it’s not working...will try later...(y)

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Is it any good? Still not tried mine in anger yet but to be honest I have lots of experience with rucksacks from my alpine climbing days and feel confident it will be fine.

Al

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
Is it any good? Still not tried mine in anger yet but to be honest I have lots of experience with rucksacks from my alpine climbing days and feel confident it will be fine.

Al
Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I've seen Chris Smith on EMBN using the same one so I'm sure it'll be fine.

I wanted the back protector as I carry various tools and didnt want them to damage my back in the event of a fall.

Kingfisher

Jun 3, 2019
Belgium
Cheers for that.

As you say, it’s nearly 50% the price of an Evoc or Ergon backpack with protection.

Adding back protection makes it a Personal Protective Equipment, which means it needs CE marking, Back protectors are Category II and require type approval by a c€rtification body.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I'm not being drawn into that one but in any case if they are certified as being safe today they will still be safe in November or whenever. What do you mean by legal? If you mean for races I couldn't care less.

Kingfisher

Jun 3, 2019
Belgium
I'm not being drawn into that one but in any case if they are certified as being safe today they will still be safe in November or whenever. What do you mean by legal? If you mean for races I couldn't care less.

I have no bone in this fight, just objectively informing of what's the outcome of no deal. Whether that is worth the benefits is outside of the scope of this discussion.

If your driver's licence expires tonight, you would still know how to drive. But the police, and above all, the insurance companies, would see that differently.

Products already on the market, would remain unaffected. But anything in shop storage would be illegal to sell to customers or to export to EU after 1/11. Products in UK will need the UKCA mark.

Same applies to ebikes subject to type approval (speed pedelecs), and other PPEs (gloves, helmets, kneepads,...). Anything certified by a UK certifier, is no longer legal on the market, in EU nor in UK.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Aah I see what you mean but it doesn't really impact me and my use of this pack and there is no way I am getting into a Brexit debate but thank you for your clarification.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles