Apple Air Tag holders - For bikes

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Hi all,

Anyone come across a better solution than This if so please share?

OR

Anyone with a 3d Printer willing to make some up for me?

Thank you muchly please sir.

Lord Robinson of the Shire.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi all,

Anyone come across a better solution than This if so please share?

OR

Anyone with a 3d Printer willing to make some up for me?

Thank you muchly please sir.

Lord Robinson of the Shire.
That makes zero sense to me as it’s easily seen. Hidden on mine inside the frame. Use bubble wrap or double sided 3m to secure.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think they're 31.9mm*8mm, can't you just slip one behind a plastic motor cover if you didn't want to hide it under a saddle, knock up some fake grip ends to slide it in ;-), fake saddle back light to hide it in ? tape it (sideways) in a wheel opposite the valve (not sure how much that would affect it's range) or just lob it in the tyre and see how it fares :)

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
I'm using one of these with it in the motor housing, been in there for months without any issues.

Slipped Tile in there too for good measure. Plus a Tile Slim taped to the battery, all working as they should.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I think they're 31.9mm*8mm
That'd fit nicely (snug) pressed inside the lower portion of a tapered steerer if you made a bung to pop in below it.

Don’t these only work via Bluetooth so has to be within 100ft? So pointless being used to track a bike?
I think the whole point is that any Jesus phone will pick up the air tag's location and share it via the Jesus network.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
That'd fit nicely (snug) pressed inside the lower portion of a tapered steerer if you made a bung to pop in below it.
Indeed. Just not sure how well they perform if they're in a mini faraday cage ... I'm guessing they'd need to be behind plastic/rubber to be effective ?!?!? How about fake caps ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Dunno. 32mm is also the diameter of a CR2023 battery so any little silicone band on bike light that takes those could hide one with a tiny bit of ingenuity.
A purpose made coloured bolt on Air-tag holder is the dumbest idea ever.

Last edited:

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Chipolo or Tile for Android. Apple make all the money, Google have all the users.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I have mine hidden on all my bikes 2 alu frames one carbon if I leave a bike at my girlfriend house I can fully track it to the actual address the signal strength is strong and they are well inside the bikes
We live about 10 miles apart and it will locate to the actual correct house number

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Can't the thief just use an Apple phone to trigger the Airtag's alert function?

'AirTag is designed to discourage unwanted tracking. If someone else’s AirTag finds its way into your stuff, your iPhone will notice it’s travelling with you and send you an alert. After a while, if you still haven’t found it, the AirTag will start playing a sound to let you know it’s there.'

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
@RustyMTB

you-missed-the-point-stick-animation.gif

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
This popped into my email today. If it’s to be believed, thieves now attach Air Tags to things they find in a public place that they’d like to steal. They then follow the tag, for example back to the owner’s home from where they then steal the item later. The article cites car theft. I think I can see how this could also be used to track a high value bike. There’s one or two places a ‘sticky’ tag could be quickly placed out of sight on a bike; even a bike within sight of its owner.
I’m a believer in publishing how people commit crimes as a way of foiling it, hence revealing this here. And that’s because the ba*****s will already know how to do this.

Last edited:

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
Ok guys thanks a a lot me and my cousin…we are thieves we are just following the thread..go ahead… next snatch we have a check list..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles