Anyone snow foam their bike?

Colin1517

Mar 14, 2023
Lancashire
As the title suggests. I wondered about this while washing the car over the weekend. I wouldn’t jet wash it, but snow foam is a maybe.
Do’s, don’ts, thoughts, anyone??

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
What ever you do, dont get ANY washing liquid (except water, water is ok)on the brakes of rotors.

You risk contamination of the brake pads.

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
AutoGlym.
Not very much at all. I actually use less when foaming than when spraying normally.

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
I use rhino goo in the snow foam thing which came with my Worx Hydroshot.
Quicker than using the spray bottle and uses less.

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I use this to dry the bike, it’s brilliant.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland

I’ve seen it all now 😆……..
And I thought I was the ultimate bike anorak 😂😂

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Not a fan of using soapy water on a bike. The reason soap helps get thing clean is it brakes down water surface tension allowing the water get in around the “dirt”. The water seals on all bike bearings rely on water surface tension to keep water out. Remove water surface tension and the water is more able slip past the bearing seals.
My advice is use low pressure water and a brush or rag to clean the bike, then use an auto detailing spray on the frame(avoid the brakes). JMO

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
The key to longevity on all ebikes is keeping water away from the crank spindles. You're not going to get water entering a motor through the case, they're too well sealed. If it's assembled correctly, no water will get in through the connector plugs, which leaves the cranks. All crank spindles cross from inside to outside the motor, they are the weak point. Pay attention to them & you'll be ok.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Stupid idea 🤔
IMG_20200415_142450.jpg

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Mine was just a bottle of fluid with a hose pipe connection. Some cheap car plan stuff from an auto jumble. I don't think it's anywhere near as good as a proper setup.

iamanej

Apr 3, 2023
Slovenija
As the title suggests. I wondered about this while washing the car over the weekend. I wouldn’t jet wash it, but snow foam is a maybe.
You really dont jet wash it?
I do it and take care that I am far away at bearings and motor.

Gilbo

Nov 16, 2022
Isle of man
Hi
Snow foamed my bike loads of times over the winter,I use the karcher stuff they sell at B&Q. When bike is really dirty I get the heavy off with hose water pressure snow foam the bike then rinse with pressure washer (from a distance). Comes up like new.

Stoffel

Jun 16, 2021
Cotswolds UK

I also use a dryer, different make to this but same sort of thing.
I’ve had it for years, first bought it to dry the motorbikes and now also use it on our emtbs.
I’m always recommending it to people but they just think I’m nuts and I don’t think the neighbours appreciate the noise of it, I don’t care, it works a treat!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles