Anyone replaced their Jam2 handlebars?

Andy.M

Nov 25, 2020
Rochester UK
Got a Shimano powered Jam2 and want to replace the flat bars for some risers. However as Steve pointed out to me there is a groove under the bars under the grips where the cable for the display is routed inside the bars.
Has anyone successfully changed their bars getting over this problem?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Not me! But I did consider briefly putting a groove in my grip. Then I considered it a bit more as to how I would do it, then gave up.
I was and still am happy with my bars anyway. :)

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Managed to route the cable through the gap in the lever clamps and fastened with gorilla tape where appropriate.
Good luck

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Got a Shimano powered Jam2 and want to replace the flat bars for some risers. However as Steve pointed out to me there is a groove under the bars under the grips where the cable for the display is routed inside the bars.
removed old bars thrown in attick.
put my trusty Renthal Carbon on
jobs a good un
(what groove)

Gee tomac

Jun 20, 2019
Kent
Hi Andy , had the same problem but I solved it with some BBB Ascension Di2 Riser Handlebars from Tredz cycles . Exactly the same fitting but in a riser bar . Or I believe Pro Di2 riser bar is another option . Sorry meant to say the BBB only 15mm rise though .

cabbynate

Sep 30, 2019
Las Vegas NV
Hi Andy , had the same problem but I solved it with some BBB Ascension Di2 Riser Handlebars from Tredz cycles . Exactly the same fitting but in a riser bar . Or I believe Pro Di2 riser bar is another option . Sorry meant to say the BBB only 15mm rise though .
I went with the PRO Tharsis Di2 carbon 20mm riser bar 800mm length. Great bar and tuff as nails.

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
I changed mine to Nukeproof Horizon V2 Carbon risers, no groove, but then I just ran the cable for my thumb mode switch along the brake line and back up to the display unit, so no need. I used that plastic spiral wrap in the smallest size, but did need to buy a longer cable than the one that comes with the factory mode switch.

Andy.M

Nov 25, 2020
Rochester UK
Thanks people. Spent a few hours googling and now realise that Di2 bars is the correct ones however having trouble finding anything suitable in stock at a U.K. supplier. thinking of going the ordinary bar route.

Andy.M

Nov 25, 2020
Rochester UK
I changed mine to Nukeproof Horizon V2 Carbon risers, no groove, but then I just ran the cable for my thumb mode switch along the brake line and back up to the display unit, so no need. I used that plastic spiral wrap in the smallest size, but did need to buy a longer cable than the one that comes with the factory mode switch.
Whats your opinion on the carbon bars?

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Whats your opinion on the carbon bars?

I‘ll be honest, I got the carbon because they weren’t that much more expensive than alloy ones, and they look nice! The main reason for the change was to get some rise, I didn’t like the flat bars.

I just do mainly trail riding, I probably wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between alloy vs carbon, by the time you’ve put the high volume tyres and a plush fork between you and the trail. The Nukeproof‘s look well made and finished though, and the two year warranty is good, not that I ever expect I’ll need it.

Andy.M

Nov 25, 2020
Rochester UK
Thought I'd update this for anyone finding this post via a search at a later date.
Went for the Nukeproof carbon 38mm riser bars. Very light. When removing the old bars, the shimano power mode switch wire has to be removed from inside the bar cavity. When fitting on the new bars I wrapped the wire around the brake line to reconnect it to the E8000 display, and it looks OK.
Now a much more comfortable ride for me. :)

SGS

Jan 5, 2021
Sydney
35x35mm Funn Crossfire stem & Raceface Atlas 35mm rise bars

Focus Mod (1).jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles