anyone pre ordering the torque on 8?

Cseven

May 25, 2021
Seattle
Hey just wanted to see how many people were thinking of pre ordering the torque on 8 next month when it becomes available. Ive been on the fence about doing so, so maybe Ill have more confidence once I know other people here will buy it. Worried about the battery life and the one trick pony aspect of the bike even though all I ride is bike park free ride kind of terrain.
Thanks!

Ciury

Jan 12, 2021
Barcelona
I ordered a Torque:ON 8 that that should be sent (fingers crossed) this week. Right on time for bike park season :)

Ciury

Jan 12, 2021
Barcelona
Hey
I received it yesterday, I have been changing some components (handlebar to my spank vibrocore, Stem to my old Hope one because the original handlebar is 35mm and my old one is 31.8, seat to my Duopower because I can’t feel my man-parts otherwise) you can see the parts donor in the background ?
Tomorrow I will be going to Vallnord Bike Park in Andorra with some friends to try it for the first time.
I’ll have some better pictures tomorrow and hopefully a good opinion on the bike ?

51D73D51-93CE-4888-9C0C-65944EA2AD10.jpeg

Cseven

May 25, 2021
Seattle
Hey
I received it yesterday, I have been changing some components (handlebar to my spank vibrocore, Stem to my old Hope one because the original handlebar is 35mm and my old one is 31.8, seat to my Duopower because I can’t feel my man-parts otherwise) you can see the parts donor in the background ?
Tomorrow I will be going to Vallnord Bike Park in Andorra with some friends to try it for the first time.
I’ll have some better pictures tomorrow and hopefully a good opinion on the bike ?

View attachment 63937
Great, I can’t wait to find out your impressions! Really interested in the battery life with it being 504wh battery. Have a good time out there ?

Cseven

May 25, 2021
Seattle
Hey

View attachment 63937
Hey how did the ride go?

Ciury

Jan 12, 2021
Barcelona
Hey!
So, maybe it was not the best place to try a new bike.
After one year riding a 26" hardtail I should have started with my local trails. Also the motor was a bit useless with the chairlift
?‍♂️ Battery is still full after all day in boost mode.
We arrived there late (12:30) and by the time I started getting used to the bike it was time to go home.
For now the only thing I can say about the bike its that its very long ("I don't know where the rear wheel is" long), plush, and heavy (When compared to my hardtail I mean)
I will go to my local trais as soon as possible to compare the bike on the same conditions I am used too, and to be able to judge the battery life.

ae019acf-9d7d-44f4-849e-891f11aec9bf.jpg

Cseven

May 25, 2021
Seattle
Hey!
So, maybe it was not the best place to try a new bike.
After one year riding a 26" hardtail I should have started with my local trails. Also the motor was a bit useless with the chairlift
?‍♂️ Battery is still full after all day in boost mode.
We arrived there late (12:30) and by the time I started getting used to the bike it was time to go home.
For now the only thing I can say about the bike its that its very long ("I don't know where the rear wheel is" long), plush, and heavy (When compared to my hardtail I mean)
I will go to my local trais as soon as possible to compare the bike on the same conditions I am used too, and to be able to judge the battery life.

View attachment 64189
I’m sure that was a big difference coming from a 26” hard tail. The rear wheel felt long? Lol you got the shortest chain stay of most emtb ?. Well cool dude can’t wait to read more about the ride. So jealous….

Ciury

Jan 12, 2021
Barcelona
Not the chainstay, the bike felt long, and I just checked the geometry of my on one 456 and the Torque and the wheelbase is a whopping 144mm longer so yeah, "a bit longer".
This is what happens when you don't buy a bike for 7+ years, you miss the incremental changes and then they hit you in the face
:LOL:

Ciury

Jan 12, 2021
Barcelona
Hey!
I tested the bike on my local mountain on the way to the office and I have some more thoughts.
20km route 350m, 2 battery bars on the display all time on turbo with everything at 100% on etube app (so 120bpm average) Don't judge it was on the way to the office and I should not be sweating :)
First: The same problem that I found on the bike park - not knowing where the f the rear wheel is, having a hard time putting weight on the front wheel because I lose traction on the front - also happens uphill... Soooo maybe bike setup? I changed the stem but it's still 50mm as the stock one, and the handlebar to a spank vibrocore that is 5mm taller but should be fine as I am 181m on an M size (I should be between M and L) I will try rotating the handlebar forward a bit to put more weight there. This problem is 100% bike setup so I will fix it eventually.
Second: Suspension setup, where is it? Not a fan of these low end - rebound only fork and shock, shock is too soft on drops (I bottomed it on a 1.5m drop) but SAG is fine ?‍♂️
Third: This may be good or bad depending on what you are after, but running trails on this bike is like watching a youtube video. I mean I see that is happening but I don't feel the trail ? Today I was only doing some blue trails so maybe if you are doing this type of trails is not a good buy, I will have to test on harder stuff
Le't see if I get used to the bike and I can give a more educated opinion on it, just one Bike park day and one trip to the office enough to have a proper opinion :confused:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles