Canyon Torque On Rear disc magnet problem

Spaceboy

Jan 10, 2022
Austria
Hello, first of all sorry for speaking english so bad:

For my Canyon Torque On 8.0 I’ve have a second wheelset with winter tyres and 6 bolt braking discs.

I’ve tried the Bosch slimspeed magnet, sticked some amazon magnets on the braking disc but it just doesn’t work !

While driving, I don’t get any assistance from the motor in low speed, the speedo goes nuts and shows false speed, jumping from 43 km/h to 18, to 31, and so on … but at around 15 km/h I suddenly get assistance.

Since there are only Centerlock Versions of Shimano EM600/800/900 braking discs, and because my DT Swiss Wheels have 6 bolt I just don’t know what to do! Thought about 6 bolt Magura MDR-P with the magura braking disc magnet, but I guess it will doesn’t work as well …

So is there somebody who rides his torque on with a 6 bolt disc + magnet, and can help me ?

I saw there are much threads about this problem, bosch slimspeed seems to work for almost everyone, so why not for Canyon torque ? :(

Or does the speed sensor (Shimano SM DUE11) work exceptionless with the EM600/800/900 discs, respectively with this black magnet from shimano ?!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles