Anyone from Seattle area?

Mtbvkk

Feb 21, 2020
Seattle, wa
I've read if you ride an e-bike at Tokul they can confiscate it. Is this really true? How is that possible legally? It's one thing to impose a fine, another to take away a possession. I was thinking of riding my Levo SL sans battery. But technically it's still an ebike I guess.

TPEHAK

Nov 23, 2020
USA Seattle WA
I am from Seattle. They can not confiscate anything from you without legal action and court. But if they stated ebikes are not allowed and this is private land then do not ride ebike there. If you mean to ride your ebike without battery just email them your question directly and if the answer is still no then you can not ride your ebike even without battery, the owner makes the rules.

Technically you have to sign waver before using their land where they state you can not use ebike and if you do so then it will be confiscated. But if you do not sign anything you are not at risk of legal confiscation, but this is not nice to use something prohibited on private land.

Last edited:

Mtbvkk

Feb 21, 2020
Seattle, wa
I was hoping in this forum we wouldnt be getting preachy and telling people to be nice or not like mtbr where things get out of hand. Clearly I respect the rules or I wouldn‘t be asking the question. But thanks for the input, that makes sense on the signing. Most people ride there without permits. Ive been buying the 50$ permit every year out of respect to campbell global’s rules. What you‘re saying is that respecting the property owner actually puts you at more risk.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Seriously, any bike without a battery is no longer an eBike, just an overly heavy one that won't be as much fun but if increasing fitness is you goal then have at it.

Mtbvkk

Feb 21, 2020
Seattle, wa
Seriously, any bike without a battery is no longer an eBike, just an overly heavy one that won't be as much fun but if increasing fitness is you goal then have at it.
Actually the carbon Levo SL without any batteries is just slightly heavier than my stumpjumper at around 32lbs. One guy on youtube had even brought it to just under 30 But that requires infinite weight weenying. I’m toying with the idea of selling my stumpjumper and just keeping one bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles