Anyone fancy ride at Pines Wed 16th June?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I'm going tomorrow for a ride around the off-piste stuff at Sherwood Pines. It's a bit late notice I know, but I only just decided to go.
I'm thinking to start late morning, but if anyone wants to ride along, I'm sure we can agree on a time to suit. It will cover the majority of the route done on the guided ride there last Sunday. (Not the desert and not Ashley's Drop).

Reply here or private message.

PS: My weather forecast app says it's going to rain every day from Thu onwards for more than a week!

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Just seen the weather forecast on the UK's latest TV station GB News. Northern France is going to get torrential rain on Wed night. It will be coming down in stair rods so hard you won't be able to hear yourself think.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Think I’m going to retire as well so I can mid week ride ?
All days become the same, no need to do stuff just because it's the weekend. It took a while to get out of the habit, but now weekends can be a bit of a nuisance as not everywhere is open and everywhere is busier! :unsure:

Last edited:

j_s

Feb 4, 2020
Nottingham
Good ride @steve_sordy and @DaveDog
I know it was a short ride but we had a good chat and I accomplished some descents that I have chickened out of in the past. I wonder why having now ridden them. Good to meet Dave too :)

I jumped on the red back to the car park in the end, pedalled as hard as I could, did a few jumps a lot more smoothly and kept some speed in the turns, better than I ever have so the trick is to have to be home at a certain time for a birthday function and be in the middle of a forest with bike trail on it to get the best out of it :ROFLMAO:

Will have to do more midweek rides there as nice and quiet, especially now I have a parking pass. Just need to give back a bit more and buy a load of coffees after our conversation @steve_sordy about what the ranger said budgets wise etc.

Davvee

Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
Sorry to bring a old thread up but will there be any more rides at pines? It’s literally on my doorstep and always up for a blast around.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Would love to tag along but I have work at 2pm that day.
I have just agreed with @j_s to meet at 10am. He wants to be back at the carpark for 1pm. Is that of any help? Let me know either way.
I'm at Pines fairly regularly, let me know when you next want to go, if you can't make it this time.

Davvee

Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
I have just agreed with @j_s to meet at 10am. He wants to be back at the carpark for 1pm. Is that of any help? Let me know either way.
I'm at Pines fairly regularly, let me know when you next want to go, if you can't make it this time.
Only had my ebike a week so I’m Looking forward to the ride, only really done the red and blue sections on the manual bike so I’ll be interested in seeing some different parts of the pines. I’ll most likely bring the GoPro with me as well.

j_s

Feb 4, 2020
Nottingham
Good ride today, managed to tick another descent + ascent combo off the list that I chickened out of previously. Shame we had a mechanical towards the end.

@steve_sordy Let us know if you managed to source a new rear mech.

j_s

Feb 4, 2020
Nottingham
Irish coffee? All of it.

if your trails are boring how about the local women? Prob most of yalls granddaughters. ?

I've got some boozy vodka/chocolate ?

Local women, well Nottingham has it's fair share of attractive ladies thanks to the 2 unis. Luckily for me I'm not a grandad, but a newish dad :D

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Good ride today, managed to tick another descent + ascent combo off the list that I chickened out of previously. Shame we had a mechanical towards the end.

@steve_sordy Let us know if you managed to source a new rear mech.
Yep I managed to get one, not the one I wanted but hey ho!

Good ride today with @j_s, @Davvee, and @myapes. @myapes was definitely off his oats today. Not sure what was wrong with him and he didn't either. We all have days like that I guess. I still failed to get up that steep slope........again! I got very close though and I will keep at it.

j_s

Feb 4, 2020
Nottingham
Yep I managed to get one, not the one I wanted but hey ho!

Good ride today with @j_s, @Davvee, and @myapes. @myapes was definitely off his oats today. Not sure what was wrong with him and he didn't either. We all have days like that I guess. I still failed to get up that steep slope........again! I got very close though and I will keep at it.

As said earlier, I think you need a new bike ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles