Anyone fancy a ride out north east area?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
We're out most Saturdays ..there are a couple of routes being discussed for this Saturday ..one of which will be posted later in the week in this section.
You would be more than welcome to join us

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
There are a few lads " missing" this weekend..at best one or two of us will be playing in the woods above Hexham for a few hours ..so it might not be worth your while travelling ..but I will be posting up a ride later for Westgate in Weardale for Saturday 21.5.22..if that is of any interest ..?

Teriatric

Subscriber
Oct 29, 2021
North East England
Hi richysgc

There's a group of our NMBC folk doing the Stanes this weekend - Mabie, Dalbeattie and Kirroughtree, possibly Ae too. They are staying over there for the weekend but a few of us will be nipping across for the odd single day ride too. You are welcome to join in, as is anyone else. Various abilities, but most are competent Black grade riders.
Here's the spiel from our organiser:

Previously we have ridden Drumlanrig on the way up on the Friday afternoon and even did a shortish night ride as well straight out of the back of Barend into Dalbeattie. Saturday is beast day at Kiroughtree. Sunday can either be departure day for some riding Mabie or Ae on the way home or those that stay over can chill on the Monday or ride one of them on the way, up to you.

So final trail destinations for each day are still to be firmly decided but keep an eye on our Facebook page for details from our man Kevin.

Teriatric

Subscriber
Oct 29, 2021
North East England
@Teriatric ..
NMBC..I'm not on Facebook ..is that Newcastle Mountain Bike Club ?..
Yes mate. Local rides every Thursday night (but a bit too far north for you I suppose especially after work) and regular/irregular weekenders. Some of the boys ride during the week if they're off, mainly at Chopwell, Hamsterley, Thrunton, Beamish. I'll try to pass you details of this weekend a bit nearer when I know for sure.
OOps sorry The Hodge, I thought that was coming from Richysgc!

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
I won't make this weekend ..but I'm further North than you 😁
If you are the Terry who came up to Kielder with a few of the lads when we ( Kielder Trail Reavers) were building the Capon Hassock section ..then we've met a good few years back ..

Teriatric

Subscriber
Oct 29, 2021
North East England
I won't make this weekend ..but I'm further North than you 😁
If you are the Terry who came up to Kielder with a few of the lads when we ( Kielder Trail Reavers) were building the Capon Hassock section ..then we've met a good few years back ..
Crikey, yes I was up there, small world! I hope you're all good marra. Got a video of our wheelbarrow test through that section somewhere. I've never been back since it completed.

Teriatric

Subscriber
Oct 29, 2021
North East England
Crikey, yes I was up there, small world! I hope you're all good marra. Got a video of our wheelbarrow test through that section somewhere. I've never been back since it completed.

DSCF1115.JPG

DSCF1119.JPG

DSCF1123.JPG

richysgc

Nov 9, 2020
Sunderland
Yes mate. Local rides every Thursday night (but a bit too far north for you I suppose especially after work) and regular/irregular weekenders. Some of the boys ride during the week if they're off, mainly at Chopwell, Hamsterley, Thrunton, Beamish. I'll try to pass you details of this weekend a bit nearer when I know for sure.
OOps sorry The Hodge, I thought that was coming from Richysgc!

spot on mate ive joined the facebook group, i wouldnt make a trip to stanes this weekend, need something abit closer due to family commitments, however ill keep my eye out for the next ones, also the thursday night rides sound decent, never been to beamish looks good from what ive seen. I mainly ride weekdays at the moment so if there is stuff happening i would be keen to join 👍
We're out most Saturdays ..there are a couple of routes being discussed for this Saturday ..one of which will be posted later in the week in this section.
You would be more than welcome to join us
cool mate ive replied in your thread. As above, if you are about mid week and fancy a ride out let me know and we can sort something.

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I was just plotting a waggonways route to seatonsluice and noticed in some woods there's photos of a MTB trail and videos of it on youtube.
seems to be at the yellow circle on my image, there's coordinates in the comments on that video though.

Might be worth checking out for anyone whos ever up that way.

whitley.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Looks like a good little play area..built by the locals ..God knows how many days of the year its that dry though !
Too far away/ too small an area ..and not really why I ride ( jumps) to be of any interest ..but well done to those who built it .

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Ah what a shame, 2 of us were at Hamsterley yesterday, 1 from Cullercoats, 1 from Holystone!
I tried joining the Facebook group @Teriatric but was told I needed to meet in person first but it's hard to confirm things when you can't ask questions on there until approved :geek:

I'm off to Danny Hart's Descend on Sunday to test the Kenevo and myself fully so if anyone is there or passing when heading up to Section 13 at Hamsterly let me know (y)

Teriatric

Subscriber
Oct 29, 2021
North East England
I tried joining the Facebook group @Teriatric but was told I needed to meet in person first but it's hard to confirm things when you can't ask questions on there until approved :geek:

I'm off to Danny Hart's Descend on Sunday to test the Kenevo and myself fully so if anyone is there or passing when heading up to Section 13 at Hamsterly let me know (y)

Teriatric

Subscriber
Oct 29, 2021
North East England
That group is Newcastle MBC, just turn up at any advertised ride, no formalities at all. We used to get bombarded by folk with no intention of riding, just mass group joiners, so we put the Turn Up First rule in.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles