Any thoughts on how to remove Invisiframe?

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Levo SL Aluminum. I've gotten most of it off of the area I needed to remove, but now there are parts that are just sticky.

I've tried alcohol with no luck -what have others used?

thanks.

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Levo SL Aluminum. I've gotten most of it off of the area I needed to remove, but now there are parts that are just sticky.

I've tried alcohol with no luck -what have others used?

Not that I have experience with the particular adhesive of Invisiframe, but have you tried an adhesive-removal-specific solvent such as Goo Gone?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Ive done it on my old Yeti - hair drier and pull back on itself rather than up. Then use normal bike cleaner to get of residue glue/gunk - if this fails, isopropyl alcohol but use sparingly as it could affect the frames clear coat ?

philippe1

Sep 4, 2019
Genk, Belgium
Turpentine (terpentine?) is a non aggressive glue residu remover, i,ve used it many times to remove sticker glue residu's on my windsurf sails, works slowly but is not agressive .

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Idk if this is the proper translation but benzene ( in dutch it's called wasbenzine).
its does not harm any paint and u can use on any material even on clothes.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I would just heat it up gently with a heat gun and peel it off piece by piece. No mess, no chemicals.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I would try a hairdryer, it has worked on other protective films I have used. Iso-propyl alcohol to clean up afterwards.

But your problem is a sticky deposit after the Invisiframe has been removed. I would try IPA first.

I recently had a pain of a time removing Gorilla glue adhesive from my bike rims. For removal, all the usual suspects were used (iso-propyl alcohol, meths, white spirit, acetone, proprietary "sticky stuff remover", even Sellotape!), all to no avail. Then I used petrol with a rag. At first it didn't seem to work, but then suddenly it just wiped off. :)

They key is patience. I wonder how many of the other things I tried would have worked if I had left them to soak for just a little bit longer?

Safety note: With anything that is inflammable, FFS , do it outside! :eek:

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
I'm a bald guy and am certain I can locate a hairdryer. Thanks for the many replies.

It was on the bike when I purchased it and I was concerned it was going to easily peel off - I was wrong.

I may try WD-40 as well. Hadn't thought of it until I read thru the replies.

thanks again.

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Yep

Bald guys have hot girlfriends . And hot chick's all own hair-dryers .

Looks like a nice Brown you have there. I've read about the fly fishing in both Australia and NZ - I am jealous. I could never visit though as I'd never return home.

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
But your problem is a sticky deposit after the Invisiframe has been removed. I would try IPA first.

There are chunks of the deposit that just smear. All the glossy part is gone though. Very sticky stuff.

Pretty sure I "Tried" too many IPA's last night. Now the girlfriend is mad and I can only hope she'll still let me use her hairdryer.

maynard

Looks like a nice Brown you have there. I've read about the fly fishing in both Australia and NZ - I am jealous. I could never visit though as I'd never return home.
Not bald yet. But headed that way. I always tell the young guys with thin hair. Get new role models Vin deisel/ Jason stathom/ The Rock / Bruce Willis . Or Gary . Basically any tough guy with no hair. Oh and Thanks mate . Yep she was a beauty . Sight fished in river shallows . Hard work and very frustrating. That one i got . Yes I have some great fishing pretty close to home. Tasmania was also awesome. I wanna live there some day for a season. NZ is also on the list to visit one day .

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I use Wurth silicone remover for anything sticky. It’s an absolute god send! Similar to Autoglyn Tar and Glue remover... except the Wurth stuff is available in the chemical cupboard at work ?

Spray some on, leave it for a minute, wipe off. Job done.

027F960F-22DA-4A99-93A6-CBF07CFEBE46.jpeg

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
I use Wurth silicone remover for anything sticky. It’s an absolute god send! Similar to Autoglyn Tar and Glue remover... except the Wurth stuff is available in the chemical cupboard at work ?

Spray some on, leave it for a minute, wipe off. Job done.

View attachment 49076 e
I'll be heading to the hardware store tomorrow...I doubt I'll find whatever that is but I'm sure they'll have something similar.

thanks again everyone.

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
I found some 3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover at work. Will report back once I try it.

thanks again for the replies everyone.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles