Any other lightweight bikes coming?

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
Since it seems Orbea have now started providing more buyers with the Rise, it got me wondering if there's any other lightweight eMTB's on the horizon.....and what is currently available?

Orbea Rise
Levo SL
Lapierre eZesty

Forestal..?

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I can see this being the next big growth area.After all no point making them able to go faster

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Mondrakker has an sl bike with full power. $$$$
I like that rise more and more. My e8000 only has 10nm more than the ep8 sl and the bike is almost 10lbs lighter

ridesantacruz

Feb 4, 2020
Santa Cruz
why would it have Kenevo SL geo? Isn’t that what the Kenevo SL is for?
What I meant was is the frame design going to be the new six bar link that is currently being used on the Enduro and Kenevo frame or will Specialized continue to use the asymmetrical design that is currently being used on the Levo Sl and the Evo frame.

Last edited:

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
What I meant was is the from frame design going to be the new six bar link that is currently being used on the Enduro and Kenevo frame or will Specialized continue to use the asymmetrical design that is currently being used on the Levo Sl and the Evo frame.

again that’s what the Kenevo “SL” is for, if anything I think we can see what the next generation Kenevo will look like. But a new Levo SL will probably follow the exact same 2021’s where the Levo SL is just a super light version of the standard Levo.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Id guess theyll lower the weight and have it like the kenevo with the geo and adjustments of the stumpy evo and regular levo. Probably stay full 9er but with the flip chip and all the other adjustments itd be no problem to mullet. Bets? Beerz?

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
How about the Bosch 80nm 16.5kg wonderbike?

Edit: maybe subject to being invented/created/xyz.....but surely they have to be releasing one some day!
My aa well aim high. My next bike will be a bosch bike most likely. Yours would be lighter than my meta am29 enduro bike and that feels nervous after getting off my 24.5kg decoy. Id be stoked at 18kg and the same 70nm tourque my current e8000 puts out, 80nm would be amazing. Maybe orbea would swap the ep8sl for thebosch sl. The wild fs runs a bosch.
Yt did send owners a questionairre on what theyd like to see added in the future. I checked both the long travel box and the bosch box. I wouldnt be surprised if both happen as well as an sl bike

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Another lightweight to add to the list, the Transalpes E1 with Maxon bikedrive air system. (30nm / 220w) 250 wh battery.

Screenshot 2021-09-03 08.22.28.png

Last edited:

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Ooo! I like that. Nice motor design. Super stealth and nice head angle with 160mm forks. But surely the bottom bracket drop is wrong? Though crank arms look short.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Ooo! I like that. Nice motor design. Super stealth and nice head angle with 160mm forks. But surely the bottom bracket drop is wrong? Though crank arms look short.
Wassssup with the BB ?

The websites nice for specing the bike, shows the weight and price as you change component's.

The only poor bit is that it doesn't show an image as you spec colours/stickers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles