The other bikes thread.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
The latest Fuel Ex are pretty burly and slacker than listed, HA is sub 66 in the low setting. Great bike, Ohlins, Hope E4 Race, LB carbons on pro 2s. Taxman wants his pound of flesh though so needs must

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
2016-06-25_10-06-48.jpg

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I have a question hardtail frame, which gives the most compliant ride alloy steel or titanium

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
There is no wonder material offering more compliance without also reducing structural stiffness. The word compliance in a bicycle frame means a frame construction (whether by material choice or construction) able to deform elastically. If a hardtail frame shod with 2.3 or bigger pneumatic tyres deforms elastically enough to offer percievable deformation (or compliance as you like to call it) while riding it stood up it stands to reason it will also be deforming under hard cornering and possibly even braking. Getting the balance right between stiffness and compliance is a trade off. and any of the materials you mention can be designed/built to be super stiff or deform easliy.

Probably better to start a new thread if you want a discussion on the subject.
I started this thread intending it to be a place for folk to post some pics of "other bikes" they have.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Don't think i've posted any pics of this little thing
It's my 120mm slope/DJ full sus
Jester.jpg

Excuse the reverb and level saddle. I lent it to a girlfriend the other day to ride Glentress with me on.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Ha, that Leader reminds me of an Aende ex olympic track bike i once had about a decade ago in London, we used to call them HHSB's (Hip Hop Slave Bikes)

IMG_1546.jpg

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Very other original full suspension, not mine but would make a great wall hanging for the shed!
MARIN PINE MOUNTAIN FRS
Not mine but for sale in CH. Rarität MARIN PINE MOUNTAIN FRS View attachment 11817
View attachment 11817
First fs bike o ever tried(94 or 95 maybe). I thought it was amazing. Was it an inch and a half of travel or something, can't remember. All I knew was I had to have one. Bought the first specialized fsr. Shock was blown and the pivots were like a bag of marbles in a month.
At Mt St Anne my friend pulled apart 3 of those marins in 3 consecutive training runs(I think it was the headtube)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles