Any news on the new 2021 scott genuis eride ?

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
Does anyone have any news on the new scott 2021 ebikes will be out ? It's a nightmare at the moment trying to buy my first ebike everywhere is sold out I've settled on either a genius or a trek rail the 2021 rails are more expensive I'm hoping scott wont do the same

Dino

Oct 30, 2019
Devon
Does anyone have any news on the new scott 2021 ebikes will be out ? It's a nightmare at the moment trying to buy my first ebike everywhere is sold out I've settled on either a genius or a trek rail the 2021 rails are more expensive I'm hoping scott wont do the same
I’m with you, I’m drifting between the 2020 models of the Specialized Levo Turbo Expert, Scott Rail 9.8 and Scott Genius ERide 900 Tuned All while wondering if I should hold for the 2021 models. Then again I’m thinking just get one and get out and ride ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Think of it this way - if you are looking at bikes with the Gen 4 Bosch or the Brose (Specilized) the only changes between 2020 and 2021 are likely to be component spec and cosmetic, if you are looking at Brands who use the Shimano then they are likely to have totally new bikes with the new motor systems and batteries - however no-one (at least publicly) has tested or knows much about the new Shimano system other than it is likely to be more powerful and more efficient Thant the current e8000.

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
Think of it this way - if you are looking at bikes with the Gen 4 Bosch or the Brose (Specilized) the only changes between 2020 and 2021 are likely to be component spec and cosmetic, if you are looking at Brands who use the Shimano then they are likely to have totally new bikes with the new motor systems and batteries - however no-one (at least publicly) has tested or knows much about the new Shimano system other than it is likely to be more powerful and more efficient Thant the current e8000.
Think your right about the shimano thing , but the ebike industry is moving so quickly I think when ever you buy a ebike they'll be something new coming round the corner , I'm jumping in soon with the bosch gen4 I dont want to wait for the new shimano stuff as I think it will be awhile away even though I've got a feeling it will be abit better than the bosch gen4

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The most critical thing is the rest of the bike, not the motor - all the big players are good, and when you are out of the trail its much of a muchness between the current motors, far motor important is how the bike rides, the components, that it fits you, and the riding you want to do.

I have ridden so many different EMTB's, and my memories from each one are not about the motors, but about whether it was fun to ride.

Obviously battery capacity and range play a factor in the decision process, but really you are looking at the same decisions you would make with any other bike purchase.

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
4A812A92-D68C-4766-9101-D94767C4DA8C.jpeg

Jaguilar

Sep 3, 2020
California
Looks like not much change and slight increase increase in price...color change, 10 mm more travel, updated bosch...was hoping for fox 38 option...won't be available in us till winter spring from what i heard

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles