Any experience with Moterra SL out there?

ah1

Jul 11, 2020
Santa Cruz CA
Interested in actual experience rather than practical thoughts :) Specs are VERY impressive, but I'm wondering how much the weight still keeps the "bike-like" feel or is it just a lighter full-power? Coming off a Kenevo SL which is lightweight and aggressive, but very little range (less concerned about lack of power). Trying to decide on my next SL emtb. Thanks!

David Dobson

Nov 9, 2019
Ireland
Interested in actual experience rather than practical thoughts :) Specs are VERY impressive, but I'm wondering how much the weight still keeps the "bike-like" feel or is it just a lighter full-power? Coming off a Kenevo SL which is lightweight and aggressive, but very little range (less concerned about lack of power). Trying to decide on my next SL emtb. Thanks!
I rode one today for an hour and a half in The Golfie courtesy of Matthew and Neil in Tweed Valley bikes. It had been demo-ed in the morning and wasnt fully charged. I spent 3 hours on the mullet heckler (not the SL) in the morning and was impressed.... i was absolutely blown away by the Montera SL after lunch. The 62° head angle was noticable in a visual way only and not at all while climbing to the top of the trails but what a weapon going down. It popped over roots and railed turns in a soaking wet Golfie like no ebike has a right to. I descended "repeat offender" faster and safer in.the wet than i did on my Bronson in the dry a month ago. My nemesis would be steep drops that need popping but the Montera was confidence inspiring on everything and handled the roots really well.
This is my experience and opinion on it. Do with it what you will 🤣

Reactions: ah1

ah1

Jul 11, 2020
Santa Cruz CA
I rode one today for an hour and a half in The Golfie courtesy of Matthew and Neil in Tweed Valley bikes. It had been demo-ed in the morning and wasnt fully charged. I spent 3 hours on the mullet heckler (not the SL) in the morning and was impressed.... i was absolutely blown away by the Montera SL after lunch. The 62° head angle was noticable in a visual way only and not at all while climbing to the top of the trails but what a weapon going down. It popped over roots and railed turns in a soaking wet Golfie like no ebike has a right to. I descended "repeat offender" faster and safer in.the wet than i did on my Bronson in the dry a month ago. My nemesis would be steep drops that need popping but the Montera was confidence inspiring on everything and handled the roots really well.
This is my experience and opinion on it. Do with it what you will 🤣
Thanks!! Demoing this Wednesday. More confidence than the Bronson - that's saying a lot!

Boxmonkey

May 30, 2024
USA
I have a little over 90 miles on my SL2, and I agree that it is a super confidence inspiring bike. I just felt immediately comfortable on the bike. The lower weight is definitely noticeable over my Rail 7. I have put mine in full 29 mode and ordered a set of shorter cranks. Enjoy your demo.

Mack-tigre

Aug 15, 2020
ES
Did you ride it in 62.5 degrees ha or changed it to 63.1 or 63.7?

I really like the bike, but didnt see the point to ride a 62.5 degrees head angle... right now my bike has 65 and I can go downhill crazy steep things.

What are your opinions on this?

Thank you in advance

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles