Any answers at Spesh day about motor and moisture issues ?

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
Any good retailer should have motors in stock so you shouldn’t have to wait , only for workshop space !
They would have to buy them outright from Specialized which is not fair to ask the dealers to do. Specialized should supply them with a percentage of motors based on how many that dealer has sold and how many they have called in for replacement.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Next to that it only last two years and is valid only for the original buyer anyways ;)
This not true. Spesh will transfer warranty on second, third, ... owner as long as it is within 2 years from the date of purchase.

Last edited:

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
This not true. Spesh will transfer warranty on second, third, ... owner as long as it is within 2 years from the date of purchase.
Ok, just checked, that's true.

Any good retailer should have motors in stock so you shouldn’t have to wait , only for workshop space !
Thx, I will print that out and take it to south of Italy later that summer to show it in Luigi's bike corner. I am sure that will get me back in the saddle while still stirring my espresso.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Ok, just checked, that's true.

Thx, I will print that out and take it to south of Italy later that summer to show it in Luigi's bike corner. I am sure that will get me back in the saddle while still stirring my espresso.
Maybe I’m lucky then as the 2 lbs’s near to me have them for a quick turnaround , if your selling a spesh ebike you know motors will go ( I don’t believe all that 99,999% are good bullshit ) ! We all know it and we are willing to except it because the bikes are good and warranty is better so every dealer SHOULD have motors in stock if they are selling them !

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Maybe I’m lucky then as the 2 lbs’s near to me have them for a quick turnaround , if your selling a spesh ebike you know motors will go ( I don’t believe all that 99,999% are good bullshit ) ! We all know it and we are willing to except it because the bikes are good and warranty is better so every dealer SHOULD have motors in stock if they are selling them !
Absolutely. While the failure rate is obviously significant, I don't think it's significantly higher than average either. Spesh have no doubt generated their huge sales from excellent warranty and dealer backup. The next step would be to have super fast service turnaround and having sufficient spares proactively especially those that need frequent replacement. That's a lot of spare motors but it's either that or make them bulletproof. I'd prefer bulletproof like my Rohloffized 19 Kenevo seems to be.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hey @Specialized Rider Care,
A huge thank you for listening and actually doing something about all our concerns regarding the motor failures. An FOC extended 2 year warranty period is a very customer focused thing to deliver and shows your company does actually care about a big section of your customer base. I am lucky enough to have 2 x 2019 Levo so I am covered ?
However....... It is a real shame you are not doing something for the older Levo’s and Kenevo’s. Do you have any thoughts or comments on possible future support for these guys?

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018
Whickham, Newcastle upon Tyne
Hey @Specialized Rider Care,
A huge thank you for listening and actually doing something about all our concerns regarding the motor failures. An FOC extended 2 year warranty period is a very customer focused thing to deliver and shows your company does actually care about a big section of your customer base. I am lucky enough to have 2 x 2019 Levo so I am covered ?
However....... It is a real shame you are not doing something for the older Levo’s and Kenevo’s. Do you have any thoughts or comments on possible future support for these guys?
Have I missed something? What 2 year FOC extended warranty are you referring to? Do you mean the standard 2 year warranty from new or have Specialized added something? I have a 2019 Kenevo and the 2 year warranty from new ends in November 2020. -The crank/motor bearing is starting to sound "rough" when turned backwards - local dealer has attempted and failed to get a warranty claim granted from Specialized. I'm a bit concerned what will happen once the warranty ends.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Have I missed something? What 2 year FOC extended warranty are you referring to? Do you mean the standard 2 year warranty from new or have Specialized added something? I have a 2019 Kenevo and the 2 year warranty from new ends in November 2020. -The crank/motor bearing is starting to sound "rough" when turned backwards - local dealer has attempted and failed to get a warranty claim granted from Specialized. I'm a bit concerned what will happen once the warranty ends.
Have they given a reason why the warranty claim is being denied?

They've extended the warranty to 4 years for the 2019/2020 Levos and Kenevos:

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018

No reason given, apart from not being bad enough to merit a new motor. Dealer advised spinning cranks after washing to disperse water from crank seals and spray a little silicone spray or water displacer onto crank shaft behind crank arms.

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018

Link says 2019/2020 Levo and 2020 Kenevo - so my 2019 Kenevo is not included - bummer!! Unless someone knows different.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles