• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Alfine 8 Speed Internal Geared Hub - Gear Issues

dhmeridarider

Aug 28, 2021
Adelaide, Australia
Hey guys, had this Merida for a couple of years now, did have the 'ahem' badass freeze mod fitted, finally got it serviced, they took the mod off, they said it could/will damage the bike, happy to run without it anyway for now.

But is there any way the Alfine hub can not show the correct gear on the speedo display?
eg 4th Feels like 1st and 8th feels like 4th.

Like I'm pedalling like crazy in 8th, and only just hitting 20kph, never gets to the 25kph cutoff stage.

From memory when I first got the bike I could achieve 25kph with no issues then the motor cuts out as it is legally supposed to. With the mod fitted could achieve 40kph in 8th gear (have a second speedo), then you would be pedalling like crazy to go any quicker.

It beeps as you change gear in manual, and you can hear it changing.

Have connected PCE02 and all components are the on the latest firmware.
There is an slider for Auto Adjustment from -13 to +13, not even sure what this does?

I'll take it back to the shop for another look, just wanted to know if anyone else has had any issues?

Cheers.
(Not technically a eMTB sorry peeps, hope thats ok on these forums)

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
What bike is this? I assume the alfine is the Di2 model - didn't know it existed till now. If you ride the bike, are you able to start in 1st and work your way up through the gears to 8th, changing just one gear at a time? Try doing this with the lowest, or if possible no assist, level. This way you should be able to tell if you have all the gears available.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles