• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Cutting out in first gear

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Finally got the new commencal out for a first ride this evening , I’ll talk about the bike in another thread ,
only one small glitch I noticed when I tried a few steeper climbs , only in first gear it cuts out momentarily when I spin quite hard , it feels Just like it’s hitting the limiter but Iam only doing a few mph ,and cuts back in right away , it’s only in first gear change to the next gear and it doesn’t happen .
Anyone else notice this with shimano motor , I did wonder if it was some sort of wheelie control or climbing aid to maintain traction ?

Last edited by a moderator:

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
can you tune the performance with an app? maybe the torque response is a bit slow!
not familiar with the shimano motor but considering getting one so would be interested to what you find

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Firmware updated , thanks to japsureride
. Also check the connections behind the plastic motor cover on the left side . the speed sensor from the rear wheel plugs in there, it’s good idea to seal them with some grease as muck and water seems to get in there very easily . I think my problem was a dirty connection to the speed sensor , it eventually showed an error code wo11 today and cleaning that connector sorted it .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles