Rail (625Wh) After 1650 miles I swapped out the motor, BUT would I buy another rail??

Richiefromboston

Mar 15, 2021
Boston, Ma. USA
Great review Richie, you have done some miles on that Rail. Stoked to see your so happy with it. Like you say gotta spend ya money on something so may as well make it enjoyable!

I agree about the Tour mode, its the majority of my riding as well.
yea I love this bike and I put it through northeast mud, snow rain desert heat 30k miles on back of my truck out west all summer. and due to my ample 240lb frame the motor needs a rebuild but having a spare motor was easier so that whatI did. Ive gone through a few chains xtr 9100s and a new casette and several chainrings mostly due to installer(me) error.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Love your enthusiasm! Did the motor actually die at 1650 miles? What happened? Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any reference to that in the video.

Yoak

Apr 5, 2020
Norway
Funny, both my 2020 and 2021 Rail 9.8 motors died around the same mark. They both lasted about 2500-600 km before they died. It took just a bit under a year for me to reach that. Both times replaced under warranty. Seems to be how long these Bosch motors hold if you ride them hard. Not that impressive really, but I do ride summer and winter (snow). Never on salted roads though. Just on trails

jgusta

Mar 21, 2021
USA
Over 6000 miles on my Rail here over past 1.5 years and still hanging in there
…on my third motor however. Last one has 2500 miles currently since last February. I will not be buying another Rail unless they Fuel-Ex’e-a-fy it with ditching RIB and Bosch. RIB is aweful and nothing but headaches with shorts unless two straps heavily tensioned for me

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles