Advice needed! Second hand kenevo

Jheeley

Apr 11, 2020
Hope valley
Hi Everyone, just after a bit of advice really.

I’m looking at purchasing a second hand kenevo. The chap selling it hasn’t got a gear shifter fitted to the bike so I’m just a bit cautious as to purchasing it as I’ll not be able to shift through the gears while testing the battery out etc. He’s sent me a video of the bike upside down with boost mode engaged and the wheels moves as it should?
Would this indicate that all is fine with the motor and battery? And could there be any serious hidden problems with not having a shifter fitted?
Thanks in advance

Softsand

Dec 5, 2019
Western Australia
Hi Everyone, just after a bit of advice really.

I’m looking at purchasing a second hand kenevo. The chap selling it hasn’t got a gear shifter fitted to the bike so I’m just a bit cautious as to purchasing it as I’ll not be able to shift through the gears while testing the battery out etc. He’s sent me a video of the bike upside down with boost mode engaged and the wheels moves as it should?
Would this indicate that all is fine with the motor and battery? And could there be any serious hidden problems with not having a shifter fitted?
Thanks in advance

Ah, zero chance I’d buy a used ebike if I couldn’t ride it. Whats the story ? New one on order ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I guess you'd want to price in a new cassette, derailleur and shifter just in case.

Does sound a bit odd though.

Which Kenevo is it ?

Make sure you also get the miles and the charge cycles and ideally the battery health as reported in egenesis or blevo (egenesis is free). These will give a more accurate indication of battery health than Mission Control. The miles and charge cycles will give you an idea of if the bike has been de-restricted at any point or alternatively if the battery doesn't work so well.

Also screen prints of the diagnostic screens for motor and battery from mission control.

If he says it's got 100km's on it but it's done 10 charge cycles then it only got 10k per full battery cycle. Which means there was either something wrong, it gets ridden pretty hard or it's really done a lot more than 100km's. I did get 14km's a charge cycle at the start on a 1.3 Kenevo due to the battery needing resetting and some odd ball system fault.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles