Kenevo advice

Kevnevo

Feb 3, 2019
North East England
Hi guys, new Kenevo on the way but what I need to know is the wu seat post any good? And how long a reverb can I fit in a large frame if wu is poo!

Geoff

Aug 21, 2018
Australia
As far as how long a RS Reverb will fit in a large frame there are too may variables to provide a useful answer to that one. If you don't yet have the bike I'd probably seek the advice of the Specialized dealer selling you the Kenevo to determine what alternative posts will fit and give you the saddle height you need plus provide the saddle drop you desire.

There's plenty of opinion regarding the WU dropper to be found on these forums my opinion is that the WU post is OK (when you get a good one that doesn't lose air pressure). With its drop and tilt action it may or may not suit the primary type of riding you do. The WU is a mechanical post with an air spring so it is very different from an oil filled hydraulic post from brands such RS Reverb, X-fusion, Bike Yoke etc. There's also many posts on e-MTB forums that cover the eccentricities surrounding the Specialized WU/Command Posts.

Specialized have just replaced my WU under warranty - Air pressure issue. Although I tolerated the loss of air pressure, just days before I was about to embark on a holiday to Derby Tasmania with the bike the wiper seal popped out of its retaining ring. To replace the broken WU and get the bike fixed fast I ordered a 160mm Bike Yoke Revive dropper from Mountain Bikes Direct, a local Aussie on-line retailer, and had it in my hand and installed the next evening. I'm really impressed with this dropper post. It's operation is so smooth. The length of the lower tube vs overall drop is probably one of the shortest around. Unlike the Reverb there's no mucking around with hydraulic remotes as you can use the existing Specialized cable actuated remote lever. I think once you do your homework you'll find you will be able to fit a longer drop Bike Yoke Revive post compared to a RS Reverb of similar overall length. The Revive also does not require the traditional bleeding process like the Reverb does as it has a unique design that allows the user to easily "reset" the post should it begin to sag under the weight of the rider sitting on the saddle. Another worthy and surprisingly good post is the X-Fusion Manic. Not quite in the same league as the Revive or Reverb but does come in a 150mm drop if you find you cannot get a proper fit with, for example, a 160mm Revive.

It's worth checking to see if your Specialized dealer will swap the post out prior to delivery if you decide that the WU just isn't for you.

Having now experienced the 160mm Bike Yoke Revive I don't think the WU with its faux 150mm drop will be going back on my Kenevo any time soon. It's just going to be a standby spare just in case the Bike Yoke Revive has a problem or needs to be serviced.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles