Adjusting the derailleur and shifter leavers (SRAM X1)

MartynG

May 26, 2018
Leeds
Hey all,

So I just found out today that the shifter leavers allow you to adjust the derailleur In case you are having gear shifting issues.

Now as I am experiencing some shifting issue can anyone advise on any resources that can help with adjusting the gears / derailleur from the shifter leavers directly?

I'm confused how to do this on the shifters levers and what exactly does what?

Cheers

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
There is a barrel nut on the shifter than can be used to adjust cable tension. It's really only for fine tuning though.

MartynG

May 26, 2018
Leeds
So is it just a matter of twirling it forward and backward until the change is successful.

Is there an exact method?
Is forward loosen or tighten etc?

I checked YouTube and found a video of some guy doing it on a non Specialized bike, and not on SRAM gear.

But it seemed to work well and his shifting issue was similar to mine.

It's just slightly off in some gears when changing, so it makes that noise as if it's trying to change, when it actually should be static and in gear.

Cheers though, any more info on how to tune it would be great.

Thanks everyone :)

MartynG

May 26, 2018
Leeds
I know many of you all ready know, but this there are newbies here and first timers and those new to certain components.

So any new buyers etc or those buying new tech, if you get an issue with gearing, try this it sorted my issues right away and I'm very happy now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles