625 or 750wh battery availability also has the ride app been sorted yet?

markoricho

Apr 9, 2022
York
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a 2022 reign e+ however these couple of points are holding me back.
Wouldn't mind a second battery, ideally 750wh but can't see availability on either size anywhere, anyone any ideas on when there likely to be available?
Also everthing I read about the ride app seems to point to the fact that its completely useless, constant updates that don't work, won't work to check battery levels without Internet, and generally just seems to be pants.
Any info appreciated
Cheers.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Hi, I have a 2021 Trance e, and a 2022 trance advanced E,
I use the app on both models, never had any issues with updates etc. I mostly use it for milage history checks for servicing/maintenance etc, and keeping a record of charge cycles. There are lots of data/spec features on it if your into that, which I don't really use as I find my watch more convenient for that. Personally I've not had a problem with it, but like you I've read some poor reviews on it. When all said and done its not a must have app so you could live without it, but I like to make sure firmware is up to date and components get maintained at the right time.
So batteries, pretty scares at the moment. Ive been told the range extenders are available, but that's about it, and if you do find one there expensive. If its any help I get around 100km on a 625

markoricho

Apr 9, 2022
York
I use the app on both models, never had any issues with updates etc. I mostly use it for milage history checks for servicing/maintenance etc, and keeping a record of charge cycles. There are lots of data/spec features on it if your into that, which I don't really use as I find my watch more convenient for that. Personally I've not had a problem with it, but like you I've read some poor reviews on it. When all said and done its not a must have app so you could live without it, but I like to make sure firmware is up to date and components get maintained at the right time.
So batteries, pretty scares at the moment. Ive been told the range extenders are available, but that's about it, and if you do find one there expensive. If its any help I get around 100km on a 625

Good to hear that someone is having success with the app, I'd like the option to fine tune power levels etc and check battery % while I'm out so hopefully it'll work.
Impressive range at 100km, I can't see me getting anything like that on a Reign, I'll be doing a lot of shuttling etc. Having not had any experience with ebikes I've no idea how much battery i'd use on a regular basis, I'm fairly fit though so hopefully I shouldn't be dissapointed.
Thanks for the info 👍

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Tbh if your fit, once you've gone through the "lets see how fast it can go stage" I recon you'll be surprised how far they go. Also the integrated frame display is pretty accurate on battery level display, saves getting the phone out to check. Anyway all the best with it, Reign as a first Ebike,
you've smashed it mate (y)

Acmac999

Dec 26, 2021
Australia
100km????? That’s probably not setting realistic expectations for most riders

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Too short ??? :p
Just to clarify that's 100km per charge not per ride, the most ill do in 1 day is 60-70k off road, 4-5hrs before my undercarriage shows me who's boss.

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Can’t go wrong with the 2022 Reign E+ it’s possibly the best quality/price combo in this category. The bike is just fun to ride in any condition, motor is quiet & powerful, good components and geometry is just spot on.
The app works fine for me, it is my second Giant E-bike using this same app, albeit updated regularly over time, but you ride the bike, not the app.
It’s fully functional though, it seems to have less issues on iPhone vs Android, I had no issues on iPhone. I use it for tuning the power levels, checking battery, number of charges, overall mileage. I don’t use it for tracking rides, I have another app for that. If you are concerned about connectivity outside of cell range, you can always use the “LightBlue” app that will give you battery % anytime.
That bike is worth every penny, backed by a strong company, there aren’t that many available for 2022 good thing if you can get one! Enjoy! 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles