#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I use these

Loookat

Jul 31, 2023
SF Bay Area
New to the e-bike world but not to mountain biking. Thanks to everyone on this thread I was able to decide the bike and upgrades!! It'll be a slow upgrade process but here she sits....

image0.jpeg

2023 Kenevo Expert 29er F/R
Fox 38
Crank Brothers Wheels
Conti Kryptotal Tires
Deity Tmac pedals
Renthal Stem/Bars

This bike rips!!

CJM83

Aug 20, 2020
Cardiff
Is anyone running a MY23 Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil on their Kenevo? Going to upgrade the stock air shock soon and really fancy giving coil a go but reading this thread it seems that more people favour an X2 Air

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
The 29er Kenevo is such a great bike, I really do hope Specialized look at this thread and see how many people are converting them, and put something new into production!
I still don’t see 2024 Kenevos on the Specialized website in the USA. Wondering if there will be one.

Kenevo cambo

Sep 7, 2018
Australia
Is anyone running a MY23 Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil on their Kenevo? Going to upgrade the stock air shock soon and really fancy giving coil a go but reading this thread it seems that more people favour an X2 Air
Yep I’m running one on my 2023 Kenevo Comp instead of the Fox DHX it came with from factory. So far so good.

Mk0

Nov 1, 2020
Helsinki
Hello,

230x62,5 or 230x65 X2 shock for S4 29er Kenevo build? Planning to use Maxxis DHR II 2,4 rear tyre.

Any real life experience why not go with 65?

drumfrodo

Aug 10, 2023
Norway
Hello,

230x62,5 or 230x65 X2 shock for S4 29er Kenevo build? Planning to use Maxxis DHR II 2,4 rear tyre.

Any real life experience why not go with 65?
Hi, I just fitted an X2 with 65 stroke on my 2024 Kenevo S4 size, and it doesn't touch my frame on full contraction (took all the air out to test). So I see no reason for not going with 65, as it ups the rear travel to about 187-188mm. No clearance issues with rear tyre , though I'm on 27,5" rear wheel (running mullet setup). But 29" rear should work fine as well, since there is a lot of space to the seat tube (thanks to the not-so-short chainstay, I guess).

Mk0

Nov 1, 2020
Helsinki
Hi, I just fitted an X2 with 65 stroke on my 2024 Kenevo S4 size, and it doesn't touch my frame on full contraction (took all the air out to test). So I see no reason for not going with 65, as it ups the rear travel to about 187-188mm. No clearance issues with rear tyre , though I'm on 27,5" rear wheel (running mullet setup). But 29" rear should work fine as well, since there is a lot of space to the seat tube (thanks to the not-so-short chainstay, I guess).
Thank you 👊

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Still the best steed out there in my opinion. I have it dialled in with all the parts that work the best for me, inc AXS in replacement for Fox Transfer Factory.

838856DF-A15C-480F-BF48-DDEF8454EAAF.jpeg

2dedge

Sep 19, 2023
Maine
14 pages later and no one mentions steer tube length, I am trying to build one out of the spare parts bin would 6 5/8 or 168.2 mm work?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
14 pages later and no one mentions steer tube length, I am trying to build one out of the spare parts bin would 6 5/8 or 168.2 mm work?
14 pages later ... and the answer depends on a question :) .

What size bike ? Headtube length vary's for the sizes : 105,115,125,135mm (S5). What size stem are you using ? 45mm ? How many spacers are you going to use ?

Ondra

Oct 28, 2023
Prague, Czech Republic
Hello gents, I've almost decided to go for Levo gen3 as my next mountain bike and also first e-bike (already ridden several e-bikes and like the more trails down for the same time thing).
After comming across this thread makes me wondering if tuned Kenevo would fit my purpose better.

However I'm thinking going opposite direction with 29" Kenevo - less travel + progressive geo

What I mean by that:
  • 170mm front single crown fork
  • 160mm rear travel with coil shock (had several Specialized bikes in past with air shocks and had to inflate 300+ PSI to make it work for my 100kg naked)
    • If i put shorter stroke shock (with same length) ill it affects the rear suspension behavior?
Why would I want that?:
  • Riding more slower, tighter tech stuff, sometimes with a lot of body language required to clean the obstacles
  • Not looking for plow bike - rather something that I will pilot and choose the line with some pop and quick direction switches when riding silly lines
  • Even stock Levo 160/150 travel si fine with me (you get the most travel from your hands and legs still)
Some points/concern with Levo that made me hesitant and Kenevo may remedy that, probably:
  • Not fan of mullets (althought I admint I haven't spend considerable time riding them properly...)
    • Prefer traction and roll-over capability of 29" in the back
    • 190 cm tall and in S5/S6 the mullet bikes looks visually disbalanced
    • Already got full 29" carbon wheelset
  • Chainstay length might be on the edge for me - prefer longer chainstay
    • Better balance for biggest frame sizes
    • Possible to fit 29" wheel with decent clearance
  • Seat tube angle - the steeper the better - Yeah, it has a motor but still don't wanna sit over rear wheel
Thank you all for valuable insights, comments and suggestions that help me to choose and then built the best e-bike for my use.

Cheers

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
You’re right but some including me are mulleting or full 29er , I prefer full 29 for faster rolling!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles