27.5 wheels on a 29 Stance E+ 2?

anfos

May 1, 2021
Greece
Hi, I've been a road cyclist for 5 years and just got my first EMTB (Giant Stance E+ 2). I haven't done a proper ride yet but it feels huge compared to the road bike, which is normal and I know I have to get used to it ofcourse - but I was wondering if putting 27.5 wheels would be more suited to the style of riding I will be doing?

I plan to be going to the trails by riding the bike, instead of putting it in a car so there will be a lot of tarmac riding, and easy downhill/trails (since I am new).
Should I get a pair of 27.5 wheels for this purpose and does the 29" Suntour XCR 34 accept them?

Also, the bike is size L suited for 1.79cm+ and I am 1.77 which is another reason I am considering the extra set of wheels, although I don't know if it affects the geometry of the bike?

Thanks! :)

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
29" wheels have to be better for tarmac riding. I would ride it as is for at least few hundred km's
Don't know about the 27.5" fitting your bike, I'm riding a Trance E+2 with 27.5" and thinking of going to 29" wheels...
:rolleyes:

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
A- mountainbikes are way different than any road bike.
B- an Ebike is different than a bike.
In trails we want traction so your new Ebike is designed for that.
Enjoy it as it is and i guess you will love it.
If you had a pair of tires and wheels in 27 you would have a bike
that is to low. I do not have a car so i ride my Ebike to the trails,
have fun and pedal back home.
Just start with low assist to get used to the weight and when you feel ready
add a bit more assist.
Remember look forward and knee pads are your friends. ;)

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
Hi, I've been a road cyclist for 5 years and just got my first EMTB (Giant Stance E+ 2). I haven't done a proper ride yet but it feels huge compared to the road bike, which is normal and I know I have to get used to it ofcourse - but I was wondering if putting 27.5 wheels would be more suited to the style of riding I will be doing?

I plan to be going to the trails by riding the bike, instead of putting it in a car so there will be a lot of tarmac riding, and easy downhill/trails (since I am new).
Should I get a pair of 27.5 wheels for this purpose and does the 29" Suntour XCR 34 accept them?

Also, the bike is size L suited for 1.79cm+ and I am 1.77 which is another reason I am considering the extra set of wheels, although I don't know if it affects the geometry of the bike?

Thanks! :)
Mine rides perfect on the road. I'm 6ft1 have a L frame....lower the seat on it you'll be all good. No point spending more money on extra sets of wheels and tyres / tubes etc. You might as well invest that into better forks or a dropper seat post etc. Try lowering the seat and I agree with Jean Marc, 29ers will be better for road use

PSX_20210522_215029.jpg

anfos

May 1, 2021
Greece
Thanks for your input, another reason I wish to move to 27.5 is that the bike does not fit in my apartment's elevator and I have to remove the front wheel in order to transport it. Not a big deal but I think I would benefit further from 27.5 since I come from road cycling and prefer a more agile ride. If I see no use for them I can always sell them I guess!

Beautiful photo @MrMarzocchi - thanks for sharing!

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Thanks for your input, another reason I wish to move to 27.5 is that the bike does not fit in my apartment's elevator and I have to remove the front wheel in order to transport it. Not a big deal but I think I would benefit further from 27.5 since I come from road cycling and prefer a more agile ride. If I see no use for them I can always sell them I guess!

it fits just move it on the rear wheel with the front wheel at your eye level.
Using the rear brake you control if you want to stop or just roll as you walk.
An other trick going up stairs hold the frame with one hand but you want the rear wheel to go first.
Going down stairs it is easier with the front leading. Depending on the frame and your body
you might try 2 or 3 places to find the best hand position.

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales

Yeah I second 1old fart, try wheeling it in on the back wheel that's how I get mine in and out of my house. If that doesn't work try the mullet

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles