22 Gen 3 Levo - The cleaned posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istari

Jan 6, 2021
Poland
Come on, Shapeshifting feature is commonly used on many bikes: Canyon, Rocky Mountain, YT etc.
Headtube angleset you can buy for little money to nearly any bike.
If TCU mounted to the frame is an "innovation" you can have it on Forestal Siryon with much more features, eg. GPS.
If we compare a 2022 bike that is similar to 2019 model I thought there would be something more.
By the way I work in the industry (not bike/ebike) and I can tell you would be suprised how much cost to produce that kind of an engine and battery.

jonpress

Oct 23, 2018
Iver
Technically yes but they wont be selling it as a separate accessory as far as I know.

That was one of the first things that I wondered watching the video. I still have the 2019 Carbon Comp and to be honest I would be hard to justify a trade up at the moment especially considering the money I have invested in upgrades. Could I just get away with running mine as a mullet?

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Will Specialized continue to keep stock of the brose for warranty replacements for years to come ?? I guess they have to

Stayrudee

Feb 12, 2020
Poland
The word from HQ is yes the TCU can be retrofitted as can the motor. BUT, Spesch won't be offering either as an upgrade so you'll need a friendly LBS ?
Just because this is so called face lift not a new gen. Same motor, battery, kinematics. You can get all the info from new TCU displayed on Garmin and ina much better way as it is hard to look at TCU while riding.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Those prices are insane, so I hope they’ve fixed all the reliability issues? If not, they’ll have some seriously pissed off customers.

Stayrudee

Feb 12, 2020
Poland
Real nice, bang up to date and on trend. First levo I like the look of. Always preferred the kenevo. I recon I would need my reading glasses to see the display though to check battery percentage compared to the bars on the current model.
Kenevo looks so old now ?

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Not sure if it’s been said already, but the previous batteries will NOT fit in this bike. Pretty disappointing for the people who spent a lot of money on a 2nd battery.

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
Is there an ETA for when the firmware upgrade enables the auto-pilot feature? I heard there were various styles/settings for the auto-pilot feature? The Wade Simmons feature was meant to be the first released. And then the Danny Hart feature.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Not sure if it’s been said already, but the previous batteries will NOT fit in this bike. Pretty disappointing for the people who spent a lot of money on a 2nd battery.
It looks like now the plug is part of the battery and the socket is attached to the motor while on Gen2 Levo it was the other way around.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I get really confused with threads like this ..

A new Specialized Levo gets released. We know it's only the top spec carbon versions being released. We know how expensive it's going to be and yet 50% of the people say "ooooooh, that's expensive" ? A whopping 4% more than the previous equivalent version and it's got better spec. God help your other halves when you get dragged along shopping.

And then people say things like they'd rather buy a Rolex ? Eh ? So you complain that an expensive bike does nothing more than a cheap bike, yet you'd pay £13,000 on a watch which does less than your phone or a Casio - so how do you quantify things ? I'm not saying don't buy the watch, I just don't understand the comparison. I've still not seen a single Rolex with deployable wheels or a teleportation system built in ?

If you really think you'd get more pleasure from a £13,000 watch than a £13,000 bike I think this suggests that you're doing something very wrong on your bike ? ?‍♂️ :unsure: ?‍♂️=⌚.... ??? ?

I think they're pretty much all sold anyway, so obviously not everyone feels the same way.

EDIT : Don't forget, with the new TCU it tells the time , so it's like a ROLL-EX ..

Last edited:

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
Thanks for answering my question Rob!
Looking forward to it ?
009414A6-06A4-4B99-8AA0-3FB2407EC6F2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles