2024 Strive:ON

Stephan-Qc

Dec 26, 2023
France
Yes of course

IMG_6236.jpeg IMG_6204.jpeg IMG_6206.jpeg IMG_6207.jpeg IMG_6208.jpeg IMG_6224.jpeg

St4nley

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2020
Derbyshire
Hi, looking at this bike as a possible replacement from my Rail which is a size Medium, Canyon say I could ride both a Small or Medium Strive On, i'm 5ft 8 and struggling to decide which way to go with size. Could some of you say how tall you are and what size you are riding. I have read through all 42 pages and not seen any sizing questions. Thanks .

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
Hi, looking at this bike as a possible replacement from my Rail which is a size Medium, Canyon say I could ride both a Small or Medium Strive On, i'm 5ft 8 and struggling to decide which way to go with size. Could some of you say how tall you are and what size you are riding. I have read through all 42 pages and not seen any sizing questions. Thanks .
im 5.8 and a medium was spot on, ovcourse everyone is different

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
I'm 6ft & went with the Medium, glad I did,the numbers are very similar to my Large Bronson so switching between the 2 of them isn't to noticeable, apart from the battery,motor & weight difference 😅

St4nley

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2020
Derbyshire
I'm 6ft & went with the Medium, glad I did,the numbers are very similar to my Large Bronson so switching between the 2 of them isn't to noticeable, apart from the battery,motor & weight difference 😅
Thanks @Obikaii I have always gone by the numbers as well but with the steeper seat tube angle which is 3 degrees steeper than my Rail I don,t want the cockpit to feel cramped. Have you gone for a more playful style of riding with your bikes ? Thanks for replying.

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
Thanks @Obikaii I have always gone by the numbers as well but with the steeper seat tube angle which is 3 degrees steeper than my Rail I don,t want the cockpit to feel cramped. Have you gone for a more playful style of riding with your bikes ? Thanks for replying.
Yeah I wanted playfulness/maneuverability & knew the large would of been less so.
Plus I had an Orbea Rise which felt horrible when I jumped back on it after riding the Bronson(2022 mullet) so I knew I wanted something similar geometry wise & a mullet,which I thought was another gimmick before I rode one & realised it suited me & the way I ride better than a 29er🙄
So I donated the Rise to my girlfriend & bought the Strive,100% the right choice, love it & only ride the Bronson on uplift days/summer days & over in the Alps for holiday riding.
The Strive is perfect for every scenario even a xc hack really & my 625wh battery lasts as long as my mates with 750wh batteries, the Bosch system does seem to manage the power very effectively.

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
1.81cm height, 83cm inseam, medium.

TopTube is on the short side (due to ST), and compared to my Jeffsy size L, but it's confortable, and don't feel cramped, giving good control uphill.

Standing, the reach is spot on.

St4nley

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2020
Derbyshire
Yeah I wanted playfulness/maneuverability & knew the large would of been less so.
Plus I had an Orbea Rise which felt horrible when I jumped back on it after riding the Bronson(2022 mullet) so I knew I wanted something similar geometry wise & a mullet,which I thought was another gimmick before I rode one & realised it suited me & the way I ride better than a 29er🙄
So I donated the Rise to my girlfriend & bought the Strive,100% the right choice, love it & only ride the Bronson on uplift days/summer days & over in the Alps for holiday riding.
The Strive is perfect for every scenario even a xc hack really & my 625wh battery lasts as long as my mates with 750wh batteries, the Bosch system does seem to manage the power very effectively.
Thanks @Obikaii looks like I might be more suited to a Small for my height, the Small would be 20mm longer wheelbase than what I have already. Looks a common theme for 6ft riders to go Medium. Cheers

St4nley

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2020
Derbyshire
1.81cm height, 83cm inseam, medium.

TopTube is on the short side (due to ST), and compared to my Jeffsy size L, but it's confortable, and don't feel cramped, giving good control uphill.

Standing, the reach is spot on.
Thanks @Mario Antony thats good that it doesn’t feel cramped going uphill, think I might settle on a Size Small. As it is the Small sizes seem to be out of stock so maybe there’s something in this sizing down. Cheers

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Done a couple of rides now with the CushCore installed and I have to say I like it (initially I was sceptical and worried about adding more rotating mass to the rear wheel). There's the obvious rim protection that I value but I love the feeling of it. The feeling of it acting as a volume reducer in the rear tyre makes the initial compliance and grip brilliant. I was cleaning techy, rocky uphill sections way more smoothly.

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
It seems there are new Bosch Battery Mouting hardware, seen here:

Can someone confirm it's new?

(It's on the connector side).

Screenshot_20240206_190749_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240206_190543_Chrome.jpg

Tieff

Jan 20, 2024
Switzerland
Anyone know the Q factor for the E13 cranks ? Their website just says ‘Slim Q factor’
Yes, because there is no "Q-factor" of the cranks. It can be influenced by the cranks, if they are bent more or less outside. You can easily measure the Q-factor. For a short instruction, please see here:

Last edited:

Stephan-Qc

Dec 26, 2023
France
@Stephan-Qc I've got a Hope Gravity Stem 35/35mm on mine, which works well for me.

I'll post a picture later today so you can see what it looks like.

Thx a lot.
The problem is that I added the ShotGun system.
And it raises the stem by 5mm.
I constantly feel like I'm losing the front.
So, I thought about switching to a 50mm stem to have more support on the front wheel.

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
Thx a lot.
The problem is that I added the ShotGun system.
And it raises the stem by 5mm.
I constantly feel like I'm losing the front.
So, I thought about switching to a 50mm stem to have more support on the front wheel.
Did you size up or size down when you bought the bike?
I'm 184cm and bought a Large which feels perfect with the 35mm stem, it would probably feel too long with a 50mm.

jxrx

Dec 12, 2022
Zürich
Hey all, has anyone ordered a new chain for their Shimano XT equipped CFR? If so how many links? 116x, 128x or 138x? I'm having brain fade... Thanks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles