2024 Strive:ON

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
It’s coming really soon if my information is correct😊 New parts on both sides of the battery👍
Is this a wishful christhmas thinking?

1) Where did you get this information?
2) Why Canyon not even acknowledge the problem?
3) "Really Soon" in terms of actual time, is what 2, 3 weeks time?

Not seeing any move, smoke, or whatever in the seeing any light on the problem.

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK

I don't really know why you continually say that Canyon don't even acknowledge the problem? Many people have contacted them about the issue and have been assured that they are close to resolving the issue with a new part/parts. I contacted them about it and they sent me a replacement latch and said that the new solution will be made available to all those experiencing any problems.

Niklas

Jun 10, 2019
Sweden

It’s from a person that works for Canyon that I trust.
They have acknowledged the problem, that’s why they have developed new fittings.
That I don’t have an answer for, but I think Canyon works as fast as they can.
And for your knowledge I have 2 custom Strive bikes myself so very eager to get the new solution on them.

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
I don't really know why you continually say that Canyon don't even acknowledge the problem? Many people have contacted them about the issue and have been assured that they are close to resolving the issue with a new part/parts. I contacted them about it and they sent me a replacement latch and said that the new solution will be made available to all those experiencing any problems.
Because there isn't a coherence on the responses.
This lack of coherence is observed in some Customer Accounts
responses: it may say a solution is underway, while others are unware (even after explaining in detail what it is).

If there was acknowledge or awareness of such problem a single response would be given to all customers in all countries.

For example, if Canyon was so proactive, the correct actions would be:
#1) Stock the parts from Bosch (From Bosch... not Canyon - just saying!)
#2) Ship the parts to the customer, upon contact and complaint

Also... and this is really important, is that the part is a Bosch part, and not a Canyon part.

I'm very ceptical regarding this Canyon thing, because in truth... it's really a Bosch problem (that affects not only Canyon, but also Focus and Scott with same system!)

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
It’s from a person that works for Canyon that I trust.
They have acknowledged the problem, that’s why they have developed new fittings.
That I don’t have an answer for, but I think Canyon works as fast as they can.
And for your knowledge I have 2 custom Strive bikes myself so very eager to get the new solution on them.
Ok? I see.
Niklas,
Would it be possible to check if the solution is Canyon's or a joint solution with Bosch?
Or better still, is the Bosch part being replaced with a Canyon's part?

Thank you!

mostlybikesanddogs

Dec 22, 2023
Oregon
I received the following from Canyon Yesterday:

"I hope you're doing well!

We wanted to give you an update regarding the availability of Strive: ON here in the US. We're actively working on bringing it to our shelves, but unfortunately, at this moment, we don't have a confirmed estimated time of arrival (ETA) for its availability.

We'll be sure to keep you updated once we have more concrete information on its arrival."

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
bosch-powertube-battery-for-active-performance-or-cx-ebikes.jpg

schoefli

Dec 26, 2023
Switzerland
Hi all
Quick question not just relating to the Canyon Strive:ON but to all sorts of full suspension EMTBs where there is some indication by the manufacturer that using trailers is not allowed. Canyon only officially allows using trailers with a few Commuter Bikes:
1705156138844.png

When I go for morning rides, it's very practical to drop off the kids using the trailer and then go to the trails right away. Do you feel like this is just some precautionary measure by the manufacturer to not do a whole lot of testing with trailers when bringing EMTBs on the market or is there something particular to worry about, e.g. rear triangle bearings or so? I assume that the forces on the bike when jumping or riding rough terrain are generally quite a bit stronger than towing a trailer. However, the specific one-sided force on the rear axle (trailer plus kids can be up to 50kgs) is something that does not generally occur to EMTBs or MTBs in general. Any thoughts are welcome!

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Hi all
Quick question not just relating to the Canyon Strive:ON but to all sorts of full suspension EMTBs where there is some indication by the manufacturer that using trailers is not allowed. Canyon only officially allows using trailers with a few Commuter Bikes:
View attachment 132350

When I go for morning rides, it's very practical to drop off the kids using the trailer and then go to the trails right away. Do you feel like this is just some precautionary measure by the manufacturer to not do a whole lot of testing with trailers when bringing EMTBs on the market or is there something particular to worry about, e.g. rear triangle bearings or so? I assume that the forces on the bike when jumping or riding rough terrain are generally quite a bit stronger than towing a trailer. However, the specific one-sided force on the rear axle (trailer plus kids can be up to 50kgs) is something that does not generally occur to EMTBs or MTBs in general. Any thoughts are welcome!
Canyon and other coorporations avoid liability on some uses (like what you want) by limiting use/imposing restrictions.

It's usually due to Coorporative Layers being aware of costs associated with lawsuits (and warranty claims!) and so on... and not wanting to assume anything outside the scope for which the bike was projected.

You can use, because there are no Laws (yet!) that forbid such uses, but it's up to you, and in case there are any problems (to your bike, your trailer, you and/or your kids and/ or third parties. Being PROBLEMS related to warranty or physical/moral/material damage).

In resume: evaluate the risks involved, and use at your own descretion.

Personally, I wouldn't place a 50kg trailer attatched to the chainstays or rear axle! On an emergency stop, the forces&torque that go throught the attatchment can damage your bilke

Last edited:

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
I personally wouldn't use a trailer on a carbon bike. Carbon is very strong in the direction that it's designed to be strong in, but weak in other directions. (Think side impact).

Also, pulling a lot of weight will put additional strain on the drivetrain causing it to wear quicker.

Mostly though, what would you do with the trailer after you drop the kids off?!

schoefli

Dec 26, 2023
Switzerland
Thanks for the responses. I can leave the trailer at the day care, this is no problem. I'm wondering though, particularly considering side impacts, if e.g. a slightly unfinished whip on a big jump might not be similarly strong. But I guess there's no way to really know...

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Thanks for the responses. I can leave the trailer at the day care, this is no problem. I'm wondering though, particularly considering side impacts, if e.g. a slightly unfinished whip on a big jump might not be similarly strong. But I guess there's no way to really know...
You should be OK with that. Carbon can flex a bit and the stress would be coming through the frame where it's intended to.

It's more if you impact the middle of a bar of the frame from the side, or clamp a carbon frame. Carbon isn't good at resisting clamping forces, unless it's designed to be.

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Made a frame stand to get the rear wheel off the ground. I don’t have anywhere to mount a bike clamp and don’t really need a folding bike stand cluttering up my small shed.

A bit of aluminium extrusion and a few brackets. Way more stable than it looks. Probably due to the weight of the motor and battery being so centralised over the stand’s platform. Rubber feet keep things nice and slip free. Pretty chuffed. Will make gear adjustment and drivetrain cleaning a lot easier.

IMG_8475.jpeg IMG_8474.jpeg IMG_8473.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles