2024 Strive:ON

TJWBTN

Oct 16, 2023
Sussex
Being a owner of a Strive :ON, for the last 1000km, I would certainly buy a Specialized if I could go back in time.

Sure the bike has excelent geo, good price/component ratio...
But the latch issue, which took 2 weeks to solve (it's a basic replacement - 4 screws, cleaning error, and that's it!), started to think what will happen in more complex problems.

Specialized on the other hand has/had an excelent warranty policy. And never let me down. Meaning small problems has this one with the latch, would be solved in the moment, or take less than a week.
A mate, had his frame chiping the paint, and they swapped the frame no question asked.

Just side note:
Turbo Levo should be updated soon, so try to negociate a good deal if you go with spec
Thanks Mario, this is great to hear. This was my feelings and I opted for a turbo levo expert. Super pleased with it!

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Very happy to see and hear that Cascade Components is looking into a more robust latch. I messaged them on Instagram and they sent this picture. CNC goodness and no plastic in sight! They said it’s very early in development but they will have something coming…

IMG_8092.jpeg

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
I can't imagine it'll be cheap as Cascade Components don't make cheap products. But if Canyon and Bosch take an age it'll be a worthwhile purchase to fix the achilles heal of an awesome bike
Sincerelly it will depend on pricing.
Zipties solved the issue, and the spacer also has positive feedback.

I understand quality parts have a price, but like everything, there is a threshold for reasonability.

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
Anyone has adjusted the wheel circuferance on their Bosch app?
Setting to the lowest number should increase speed limit about 5%... not much, but worth trying.
The speed limit always stays the same, with this setting you only calibrate the displayed speed according to your setting. So if your setting is inaccurate the displayed speed will be wrong also.

vervex

Oct 25, 2023
Italy
I think I need to put a mud guard out back too. Also wish I’d been quick enough to get a shit flap as yeah shit does get in there!
You can easily cut a shit flap with scissors from a rubber sheet. It took me under 10 minutes to do it and tape it to the bike

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
From the magnet signal and the wheel circumference setting that is saved in the motor control unit firmware, you as a consumer don't have access to it and this setting is not the one you are describing to change.
If you go to the APP connected to the bike, you are allowed to change / adjust this parameter.

You won"t see any increment on the speed computer, because if you have one reading from the magnet/motor, it will show you the 25

Since new, the speed limit on the Strive, was higher then 25, normally 26ish (gps).
The wheel circumference for 27.5x2.4 is higher then 2150 as set originaly.

The app permits selecting 2042, giving 27ish km/h.
Not that much, I agree, but is 2 more without sweat or chip!

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
If you go to the APP connected to the bike, you are allowed to change / adjust this parameter.

You won"t see any increment on the speed computer, because if you have one reading from the magnet/motor, it will show you the 25

Since new, the speed limit on the Strive, was higher then 25, normally 26ish (gps).
The wheel circumference for 27.5x2.4 is higher then 2150 as set originaly.

The app permits selecting 2042, giving 27ish km/h.
Not that much, I agree, but is 2 more without sweat or chip!
I'm sorry, but you still don't understand and I give up.

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Has anyone found out any solid information as to the compatibility of the Kiox 300 on our Strive:ON? I was hoping that it's be a simple addition to the bike but it looks like it needs the addition of a different remote control too. Anyone know for sure what's needed?

Nick314

Jun 9, 2022
Monmouthshire
I Love night riding. Typically have a bar mounted light of 1500 lumens and a helmet light of 1000 lumens. More on the bars could be nicer but this works very well. Have fun!!

Edit: Oh bar light has a wider light throw/spread to light the general trail. Helmet light is more spot to see where you look. Hence both. Check out Light and Motion lights for a light weight 1000 lumen helmet light without cables.

One thing I did wonder is if canyon could’ve put a usb port to allow lights and Garmin etc. to be charged or powered as we use them
I have a similar setup - I've got a 8000 lumens MagicShine on the bars - gets too hot for anywhere else anyway! - and 800 (from memory) as a helmet light. The shadows are reduced enough to make it worth it by the helmet light.

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
Hey everyone, a question, so I'we been following the thread and have seen all the DIY solutions to the battery latch problem, but it's baffling to me that 7 months after the release Canyon still doesn't have a real solution of the problem, or did I miss something?

Niklas

Jun 10, 2019
Sweden
Hey everyone, a question, so I'we been following the thread and have seen all the DIY solutions to the battery latch problem, but it's baffling to me that 7 months after the release Canyon still doesn't have a real solution of the problem, or did I miss something?
It’s coming really soon if my information is correct😊 New parts on both sides of the battery👍

coastalwolf

Oct 24, 2022
somewhere
Anybody added volume spacers in the Underdog Float X Performance shock? I´m looking for some more progression. Just unscrewed the air can. It seems to be an OEM spacer. DPX2 and X spacers are not fitting in the washer installed within the air can.

Nick314

Jun 9, 2022
Monmouthshire
Has anyone found out any solid information as to the compatibility of the Kiox 300 on our Strive:ON? I was hoping that it's be a simple addition to the bike but it looks like it needs the addition of a different remote control too. Anyone know for sure what's needed?
One of Rob's recent vid is a critique on the lack of backwards and cross platform compatibility. He made a point in there that the previous Bosch units simply won't work with the newer ones...The phone seems to now mirror the KIOX screen if that helps.

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
My understanding from looking into this a while ago is that it shouldn´t be a problem. But you might need a longer cable from the motor because you need to go from motor to kiox and then kiox to system controller in the top tube.

a_double

Dec 4, 2023
USA
I’ve seen this question posed in this thread but I don’t think it has been answered. What is the status of the Strive:ON availability in the USA?

Is there any credence to the Bikerumor article stating only the mid-level spec will be released in the USA?

EDIT: referenced article, All-New Canyon Strive:ON CFR Races Enduro eBike to World Cup eMTB EDR Series

Thanks in advance. My interest in this bike led me to this forum.

Last edited:

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
I’ve seen this question posed in this thread but I don’t think it has been answered. What is the status of the Strive:ON availability in the USA?

Is there any credence to the Bikerumor article stating only the mid-level spec will be released in the USA?

I've seen lots of people ask the question but not seen any solid news or information on a US release. Are other models available in the States? Seems strange if they are and this one isn't?

Nick314

Jun 9, 2022
Monmouthshire

The bike is every bit as good as the reviews...

a_double

Dec 4, 2023
USA
There are other Canyon e-bikes available in the USA, Spectral comes to mind but I'm only interested in the Strive:ON.

I'm sure the bike is great as the reviews suggest but it's not available.

Canyon is dropping the ball on a huge market. Pivot just announced new lower pricing on the Shuttle LT....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles